• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Cup Accy V Rovers

Match result

• Accrington Stanley

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Accy V Rovers
Posted by Ian
Wham Stadium
Tuesday, August 9, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, August 9, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Would never have guessed that line-up. What’s with the 2 keepers on the bench, is Joe Murphy going to come on as a striker?
We weren't too far away in our discussion the other day Boz. It might be 3-4-2-1
Not natural no.10s, but maybe Micky thinks it's an idea to have players who can create around Hemmings and offer support to centre midfield with the "lesser spotted Merrie" getting his chance. Chance for Hewelt to step up.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mark will be aware of the size of the squad already. It would be more beneficial to have Stratulis and Taylor on the bench surely?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Crazy imo

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Mark will be aware of the size of the squad already. It would be more beneficial to have Stratulis and Taylor on the bench surely?
Not much point if he has no intention of using them.

There is always tension between Palios and Mellon at this time of year so it is nothing new, and no big deal in my opinion.

Player
Manager
John King
Match-day experience? I doubt Sam Taylor was likely to get any game time at the weekend, so could have had Murphy on the bench then too.
I can't be arsed having an argument about such a trivial matter. I am sure if the other youngsters are good enough they will get matchday experience soon enough.

I can understand Mellon's frustration. We are still very short up front.

2 right feet

Player
Nixon
Manager
Kingy
Think I really just want to see a much improved perfomance, unless they field a significantly weaker side than for league 1 its unfair to the lads and disrespectful to Accu to expect or demand a win. A good cup run though would really help the moral and finances. A good exciting 4-3 Rovers would be nice though!

Player
Manager
John King
Sounds like we have switched to a back four midway through the half, with Bristow on the left wing.

Player
Manager
John King
The goals came immediately after the tactical switch, which may or may not be a coincidence.

Player
Manager
John King
Sounded like we played some decent stuff early on, before losing our way.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Micky needs to change something. Suspect we need more of an attacking threat.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It’s been rubbish guys in all honesty. They started fairly well but eventually Accrington started to get on top and it’s been all them for most of the half. The amount of crosses they’ve got into the box, I’ve lost count.

Meanwhile, our attacking play consists of getting the ball to the halfway line and then booting it high for Hemmings and Lewis to run into blind alleys. All very easy for the Accy defence.

No-one is running with the ball. Defence look OK as a unit, Merrie has been pretty poor and made multiple mistakes. Midfield too lightweight. Not sure if it was him who gave it away on the halfway line for them to score their first.

Need a big showing second half but I can’t see it on the evidence of the first half.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Unfortunately being outclassed by solid but unspectacular Stanley. Very little to cheer about. The weather's fantastic though and can't complain at a pie and pint for £6. The little things...

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There is a distinct lack of creativity in our performances, as much as we need a decent partner for Hemmings we really need more creativity or we will be in for a season of struggling