• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Yanks

O

OneNightInGayParis

Have a skim through the whole thread (6 pages, I know). There are some fairly well-substantiated reasons to be concerned about the takeover. The conclusion being basically what Boz said.

Also "take over bid" thread.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
I'd rather we went down and had to keep Spongebob Handsinpants as manager than have this lot take us over.

CanCan

Player
Pat Nevin
As a rovers fan I am sceptical with regards the reasons an american investor would be interested in tranmere but that said somethin needs to be done soon reguarding the ownership of the club, otherwise we could be in a similar position that gretna found themselves in when their owners family took control of them.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
You make a good point about Gretna. PJ isn't getting any younger. Just a shame that the only other option has ended up being taken over by an investment group.

Welcome to the forum.

CanCan

Player
Pat Nevin
It is because it's obvious that their priority will be a profit on any investment made, but so far (and I'm not pj in disguise) pj has held the clubs best interests as a priority except the steve simmo deal and I feel he will not sell us to an investor who will jeapodise the future of the club given all he has put into the club. Can't see him saving us in the 80s only to sell us now leaving us in a similar position

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Code:
except the steve simmo deal

You have worded document on the simo have you.....
hardly the basis for factual posting on here ... (bs more like)

makes you look stupid no

Can you dig in to your vaults memory banks re .. Tony Tomas deal as well...

That was ok was it..

let me tell you ,PJ has only just started his assault on this club and you lot will wake up too late !!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
let me tell you ,PJ has only just started his assault on this club and you lot will wake up too late !!!
can you explain further please?

The Bottom Line

Might I remind you.....PJ is a thieving skunk. PJ breaks rules to make money - out of Everton [double dealing of the first order] out of the UK paying less tax as claiming non-domicle and non resident status - a lying weasely way to screw the system. PJ has consistently taken moneu out of Rovers in compound interest payments for years and has had more out than hes ever put in.
Given that why do you think he wants to sell, could it not just be the money - after all he wont put up any dosh, so he wants more out. The man has no morals and no interest at heart but his own.
Ah! The Bottom Line.......The most important question to put to any prospective buyers must be;

And how do you plan/expect to make money out of Tranmere Rovers?
They "invest" to make money dont they? We are not a charity for them but a concern to profit from...key question is HOW? Do you think we could possibly get a straight answer to that?

CanCan

Player
Pat Nevin
Amplesou you make yourself look stupid by the grammer of your messages, do you have any factual evidence to back up what you say with respect to pj on starting his assault on the club. The point I was trying to get across was that of pj wanted to get his money and run he would have already done so for instance we own prenton park and adjacent land would he not have sold this for instance. I agree the yanks are bad news but so is the prospect of pj snuffing it whilst still in charge and the club falling into the hands of god knows who.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Amplesou you make yourself look stupid by the grammer of your messages, do you have any factual evidence to back up what you say with respect to pj on starting his assault on the club. The point I was trying to get across was that of pj wanted to get his money and run he would have already done so for instance we own prenton park and adjacent land would he not have sold this for instance. I agree the yanks are bad news but so is the prospect of pj snuffing it whilst still in charge and the club falling into the hands of god knows who.

Since it's apparently so important, the word is spelt "grammar". And there's no need to have a pop at the guy. Just because someone fails to reach your mediocre standard of grammar doesn't make their opinion any less worthy.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Sorry guys about the grammar ,

I am not knocking PJ re taking money or anything like that....

I think over time, he will desolate the club, to oblivion ..

why well he was a benefactor and now he,s not, and his presence and money (owed) will make it very difficult for any other person/fan/company/investors or what ever to come in and take the club forward imop ..

So he stays and cuts the cloth..

LP has done a good job but ,he,s a bottom feeder and would need oxygen if he was any higher than mid table ,,,

By the way i went to the game to day...

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
The point I was trying to get across was that of pj wanted to get his money and run he would have already done so for instance we own prenton park and adjacent land would he not have sold this for instance.

PJ can,t sell these there in trust no...

Adjacent land you mean like Raby which we owned and now we don,t ? we only rent it ,that one slid under the door mat.....

CanCan

Player
Pat Nevin
Your right sonkorly and I apologise Amplesou. I just feel strongly over the fact we shouldnt be biting the hand that feeds us at the moment.

CanCan

Player
Pat Nevin
But we do own PP and I may be wrong but to my knowledge we do own various land across the Wirral. Look I feel we are at a point where we could end up in the same sort of boat as Chester City, Aldershot(the original one), Gretna etc etc if the wrong choice is taken now, although I feel the yanks are bad news I feel pj snuffing it whilst in charge having not sold the club is even worse news.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Club 9 sports are history (well as far as TRFC are concerned). Great, let's put this behind us, onwards and upwards!

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
good news lets hope there some one out there who can finance Tranmere into orbit...

like Newcastle,man city ,Chelsea ,and many more.....

i,m sure tranmere,s turn will happen at some point and in a way until it does, we should be thankfull to the board for running a straight ship so to speak !

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am glad the deal has fallen through, as Club 9 appeared to be a bunch of amateurish charlatans.

However, the uncertainty over the succession when PJ finally departs remains. Maybe Johnson will have to consider allowing the Supporters Trust to take control for a nominal sum, as if he is waiting for a reputable bidder to offer him £2-3 million for the club, it is just not going to happen is it ?

If Dave Whelan is prepared to sell Wigan for £1 after investing £120 million, maybe PJ will just have to accept that his investment in Rovers is not recoverable (easy for me to say I know.....).