• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Yanks

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
According to Club Nine's website, the deal is set to go through in the next few weeks, if not days.

Apparently a period of joint ownership with Johnson is on the cards, but rather alarmingly their statement refers to certain changes at the club which the fans 'may not like'.

Watch this space......

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
In which case we are truely ****ed and I mean that.

Player
Liam Palmer
Oh dear, oh dear, if they are saying that before they have taken over, God knows what things are going to be like when they are in control. Not great PR, but from the Sheff Wednesday situation last season it looks like they don't actually care what the fans think of them.

Les' comment on Monday night was telling saying he hoped the deal was dead. Think if they come in he'll be out the door.

Things aren't great at Rovers the way they are but it's definitely a case of better the devil you know.

Player
Liam Palmer
According to Club Nine's website, the deal is set to go through in the next few weeks, if not days.

Apparently a period of joint ownership with Johnson is on the cards, but rather alarmingly their statement refers to certain changes at the club which the fans 'may not like'.

Watch this space......

Can you send a link? I cannot find this anywhere on C9S's website.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Defo holding off on renewing my season ticket.

Think it's on their Facebook page, but I can't access that in work.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/8...anmere_Rovers_takeover_deal__just_days_away_/

The company also outlined plans for Rovers if they do take control of the club: "In short, improving the club for the long-term with key investment and management focus on business operations, pitch performance and international player development.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Some more quotes....

"Our view is the club will be an Allied owenship of the English and the Americans - if we can get the terms finalized. Thanks for the support."

"We agree with you that the Super Whites can average 7 or 8 thousand per home match if the right improvements are made."

"Our view as operators is that the central value of every sports team is not its venue or its players, but rather it fans. We can't guarantee you'll like everything we do or that you'll agree with it, but our actions will be guided by trying to improve the health and value of the club. It will be in our own best interest to do that."

"Until we know we have deal, we are making no decisions about the manager."

"The 420k was related to our talks with SWFC from 2009/2010. Those figures were really just part and parcel of the total costs to run that club and are not related to TRFC."

"We know the underlying asset of any sports club is its fan base and fan support. Our goal is to make the club stronger and more valuable in time. Because discussions are on-going between our company and Mr. Johnson, we cannot provide any detail on the progress other than to say we hope a deal will be concluded very quickly. As regards the involvement of the fans and supporters, CLUB 9 SPORTS will be open to the engagement of fans at many levels - including fan forums."

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
As regards the involvement of the fans and supporters, CLUB 9 SPORTS will be open to the engagement of fans at many levels - including fan forums."
Ohh good, maybe they can pop on here and say a few words then :)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It was interesting reading the Facebook questions and responses that Club 9 were asked whether the takeover would be a leveraged buy out, saddling us with new debt to replace Johnson's loans. The Club 9 representative pointedly didn't say no, only that any debt would not appear on our balance sheet. So presumably they would borrow off-balance sheet to finance the deal and, if things went tits up and the debts were called in, wind us up anyway to pay off their initial borrowing.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I remain bemused by it all.

On the season ticket question, it might be worth looking at buying one for the next two years, as expect these guys to hike the prices significantly should they takeover.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
On the season ticket question, it might be worth looking at buying one for the next two years, as expect these guys to hike the prices significantly should they takeover.
That would really put the last nail in the coffin.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
That would really put the last nail in the coffin.

no see there you go, get your season ticket now and save your self some doh

if i took over the club i would say to the fans, ok we have a approx 5000 fans per home game ,so put it to the fans ,do they want to be succesfull or not !

let them vote with there pockets !

if yes then tell the fans you lot (5000) will now pay 4 times more than normal = 20,000 fans !
programmes £5 a pop etc you get it...
why don,t the fans try this for one season and see how it goes !

can,t afford that !
then go and watch chester instead and see where we will all end up in 5/10 years time... anyway

if fans want tranmere to be succesful then pay for them to be succesfull
kids/oap can get in for discounts,just penilise the workers i say !

Amplesou ( armchair supporter):cool:

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I remain bemused by it all.

you mean like they did at old trafford

theatre of dreams PP........ i don,t think so

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The stuff they're saying about developing foreign players is hilarious. Sigh. We are ****ed.

It was interesting reading the Facebook questions and responses that Club 9 were asked whether the takeover would be a leveraged buy out, saddling us with new debt to replace Johnson's loans. The Club 9 representative pointedly didn't say no, only that any debt would not appear on our balance sheet. So presumably they would borrow off-balance sheet to finance the deal and, if things went tits up and the debts were called in, wind us up anyway to pay off their initial borrowing.

I can't see any other exit strategy should things go tits up (and it will). Assuming they can't improve turnover by trimming down current operations/driving revenue (which is impossible since any cuts are gonna hit the wage budget and we can only really drive revenue by having a successful team) then our hard assets will act as collateral.

This is an experiment for them and we will be caught at the wrong end of it.

Player
Goodison
I think it's time for a smear campaign on this facebook page...

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
A lot of people seem to be have been convinced by the C9S PR machine. Most of our fans just seem to aimlessly hate PJ and Les, decide they want "change" and that's that. Back to the 90's! The glory days...

Others who are against the takeover seem to be standing on purely xenophobic ground rather than having a viewpoint based on anything meaningful. The facebook page is depressing reading tbh.

Ultimately we have no say in whether or not this deal is completed. The Sheff Weds deal fell through at the final hour, so we just have to keep our fingers crossed that history will repeat itself.

no see there you go, get your season ticket now and save your self some doh

if i took over the club i would say to the fans, ok we have a approx 5000 fans per home game ,so put it to the fans ,do they want to be succesfull or not !

let them vote with there pockets !

if yes then tell the fans you lot (5000) will now pay 4 times more than normal = 20,000 fans !
programmes £5 a pop etc you get it...
why don,t the fans try this for one season and see how it goes !

can,t afford that !
then go and watch chester instead and see where we will all end up in 5/10 years time... anyway

if fans want tranmere to be succesful then pay for them to be succesfull
kids/oap can get in for discounts,just penilise the workers i say !

Amplesou ( armchair supporter):cool:

No offence Amplesou - I enjoy your bizarre posts - but this is an absolutely stupid idea tbh