• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Yanks

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Just to cheer us all up (?!), a press conference was held this morning where PJ confirmed that a formal offer has been made for Rovers by Club 9 which he is considering.

To be honest, given the stagnation at the club at present, and our dire need for investment, I almost want to suspend all logic and believe this development could be positive.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If this is PJ's way out, he's probably going to grab it with both hands. Shall we just assume it's a positive step then, because it's been pretty much doom and gloom for a while now. When can we be expecting the likes of Ronaldo and Messi to be gracing the PP pitch?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I remain sceptical that our friends from across the pond will be any improvement.

Player
Liam Palmer
I heard last week it was a done deal and the Americans are going to ask PJ to stay on a chairman for another season during the transition.

The club's going nowhere at the moment. Question is, is the somewhere under the Yanks better than the nowhere under PJ?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
First of all, let's see if it really happens.

Next, I'd like to understand WHY they want to invest in the club and see what their plans are.

Then, I would need to see whether their actions match their talk.

Until then, I can't get excited.

For all the problems we have at the moment, at least we have some financial stability. Any new regime could undermine this. (Remember Bruce Osterman.)

M

Mal

Ah, Prenton Retail Park and Housing Estate just around the corner. This August, we see the pitch being moved 30 or so miles to become Runcorn Dons

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
Well i'm worried. Investing in a lower league club with small crowds isn't going to make you millions unless you have a plan which involves more than hoping for success on the pitch. This is a post i put on here about 18 months ago:
http://whitereview.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11903

and that was BEFORE i knew just how ruthless David Cameron and his cronies would be! If we got new owners and they wanted to turn PP into a housing estate/retail park then its far less certain now that it would be stopped.

Is this the start of a save our club campaign?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
This will be a disaster if it goes through. These guys are proven hacks with a bad track record and bloody awful PR with fans at Sheff Weds.

The club is going 'nowhere' under PJ, but it exists and is well run. That's enough for me. These guys don't have money to invest so for those of you even contemplating that things could be better under them than PJ, mind explaining how? ****ing nightmare.

Yanks out.

Player
Liam Palmer
This will be a disaster if it goes through. These guys are proven hacks with a bad track record and bloody awful PR with fans at Sheff Weds.

The club is going 'nowhere' under PJ, but it exists and is well run. That's enough for me. These guys don't have money to invest so for those of you even contemplating that things could be better under them than PJ, mind explaining how? ****ing nightmare.

Yanks out.

Yes, I have to agree. Having seen my Scottish club being franchised and disappeared by a businessman who had no money and promised the Earth, I don't want to happen to my English club too.

Rovers should be a community-run football club not some business toy.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Despite my opening comment, I agree with the sentiments of Sonko and Tartan.

The problem is, the ownership issue must be dealt with sooner or later. Even if things were to trundle on as they are until PJ passes away, his estate holders / children would only offload us at the earliest opportuntiy to the first bidder, as they have no knowledge of or interest in running a football club.

PJ wants out adnd will ultimately get out, and we just have to hope he makes a reasonable judgement when disposing of his shares.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
We should do what other clubs have done, borrow against future season ticket sales
say 4 years yeah that should do it.... ,to get into the championship!

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
We should do what other clubs have done, borrow against future season ticket sales

You missed about 6 zero's off that I think

M

Mal

Borrow against future receipts? Are you Gordon (Brown) in disguise?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Not sure what to make of the Americans' interest. They look to be asset strippers, which given that we own the training ground, I'm guessing they'll be looking to make a few quid out of that.

The 'franchises' (god I hate that when used in sporting terms) they have involvement in already, are hardly glowing endorsements of their work and not exactly success stories, so I'm not sure they are the godsends that we'd like them to be.

But until details are announced as to their plans or if the takeover is on or off, I can't really comment constructively on what is going to happen.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
They aren't seeking to asset strip IMO, it wouldn't be consistent with other deals they've tried to make. They're just incredibly deluded and think they can turn a profit out of Tranmere.

Jesus Christ, no.

As desperate as you are to get into the Championship, supporting the club from the comfort of your armchair, the rest of us appreciate actually having a club to support. We aren't a Championship sized club, the rainbow isn't worth chasing.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
As desperate as you are to get into the Championship, supporting the club from the comfort of your armchair, the rest of us appreciate actually having a club to support. We aren't a Championship sized club, the rainbow isn't worth chasing.

what nonsence and scunthorpe and blackpool when they went up are !

sonko you can do better than that !=;

it has always cost me loss of earning to go and watch tranmere in fact way back in the early seventies i was sacked for going to tranmere even tho the bosses wife was giving me money to go and watch them!!!

little bit of trifia !

where does MK Dons manager live?

Answer ,temple road prenton !

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The financial incentive for us to spend money we don't have simply isn't there. If it was, we'd do it.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
The financial incentive for us to spend money we don't have simply isn't there. If it was, we'd do it.

Not just the directors who have no vision of the future........ !

In most walks of life, if you stand still you go backwards ,in football this is cerrtianly so i think!

The directors mandate if they have anything about them is to get the money to help the team that is one of there main objectives ,not just to sit on the board being fat arsed old gets just there for the ride!

The american thing will be a bad thing but if it goes something like this / pj out/ americans in they mess up /tranmere go in to admin then the fans take over with the help of the wirral people and become the peoples club !

You know don,t blame the fans over the years for poor support ,the wirral has always suffered lack of investment!

Look at where i live in the west kirby region (lots of tranny fans there by the way)
The other year we had the Europe golf open/ tiger and al ,talk of a high rise hotel being built in the marina yes we have our own marina and here we go its rock and roll !

What was the end product ! a fancy pavement half way down hoylake main road,

We pay so much in taxes here on the wirral our hospitals are a f---k-- social disgrace and more.
My point is, the rest of the country is,nt crap like the wirral or liverpool !

we love the wirral but there is no investment here ...

but just except it cos its all you know sonkORLY ?
[-X

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
There is little financial incentive for us to gain promotion since we couldn't financially sustain ourselves at that level anyway. The money we'd have to spend to be in a position whereby we'd be promotion contenders would put the future of the club in serious jeopardy. The best case scenario isn't as great as you think, and would be temporary at best; the worst case scenario is very grim.

The logic in your examples is misplaced. Blackpool won promotion without any special investment, and while Scunny's rise through the leagues was on the back of their chairman throwing money at the club, Wharton is unlikely to see a return on the cash he's injected. PJ isn't in the position to be 'pointlessly' investing in the club in the hope that we get promoted, or even stay in this league. He wants to get it sold. We spend every bit of cash we generate, not a penny more, not a penny less. We're self-sustaining and that's the way it should be. How much we can spend depends on people like you showing up to games, so you - as a stay away fan - are not in a position to point the fingers at others for the demise of this club.

I apologise on behalf of the government - both past and present - for the apparently poor state of the Wirral NHS.

Player
Goodison
Amplesou you need to learn how to write, I don't really understand your posts, at all.