• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Trialists

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
yeah but we aren't gonna pay to fly a plane load of spaniards over for a trial

Wasn't Antwi from a lower division spanish club before he went to Liverpool? :shock:

nah zaragoza

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Don't need a plane load, just a few to look at.

He was at Zaragoza in Spain - now Danish club

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Clubs in the Spanish second divisions A+B have so many players coming back from loans elsewhere who I understand are just off-loaded. Some teams have been relgated further for not meeting debts.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
but they are in spain and tranmere are in england

its on the players in question to come here looking for trials. as i said we arent just going to fly them over on the basis of nothing when we've never seen them play.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Reading the previous few posts, I agree with the sentiment that if Vaulks is not going to play now when is he going to play ? I don't see the point in offering a six month contract to a youngster only to sideline him and tell the press 'we have no centre backs left' when he was clearly offered a deal to play in that role.

Vaulks was one of our better players in pre-season and I would rather see one of our own youngsters try and perhaps fail than a cast-off from a higher division club (Antwi, Darville, Wood etc.).

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Reading the previous few posts, I agree with the sentiment that if Vaulks is not going to play now when is he going to play ? I don't see the point in offering a six month contract to a youngster only to sideline him and tell the press 'we have no centre backs left' when he was clearly offered a deal to play in that role.

Vaulks was one of our better players in pre-season and I would rather see one of our own youngsters try and perhaps fail than a cast-off from a higher division club (Antwi, Darville, Wood etc.).

i agree with you about vaulks, but i disagree with you about the value of the loan system

White_Magic

Player
Ian Moore
Vaulks

As mentioned prior, Vaulks has had a decent pre season and it would be nice to see Ronnie have faith in the lad, otherwise what was the point in offering him the contract...it would be a confidence boost and what do we have to lose? (apart the the obvious!)

Just on the o/s...looks like Steve Jennings may be signing for Coventry, he is on trial there at the moment.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
i agree with you about vaulks, but i disagree with you about the value of the loan system

I agree with you that the loan system is valuable in situations like these if you have no alternative other than to bring in an untried youngster. But we do have an alternative which is probably no more risky than playing a teenager from another club.

Obviously you can't question the value of loans when it means bringing in players who already have a reputation, ie. Baxter, Wallace etc.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Instead we loan Ben Gibson, a youngster from Middlesborough.