• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

frenchrover

Player
aldo
So what has happened to Jonny Smith and Caprice? Neither figure in the squad for todays match against Fleetwood.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
One player in the squad today is Liverpool keeper shamal George. Wirral born, he may be buoyed by the fact that pilling has just dropped a clanger

M

Mal

One player in the squad today is Liverpool keeper shamal George. Wirral born, he may be buoyed by the fact that pilling has just dropped a clanger
Seems he became Spilling for a moment. Or was it doing a Karius. Still, all part of the learning curve. Better in a friendly than in a competitive match.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting reading about Ferrier. I’d love to know why he wanted to return to BW after taking to Tranmere. Maybe we wouldnt meet his demands? Sounds like we certainly did dodge a bullet there.

drwhoman

From what I have seen on TV of George for the Pool lower sides, he is not a bad keeper. However, I suspect we need someone more experienced. George could replace Pilling as no 2 but that is unlikely to happen I imagine.

Player
aldo
that agent needs sacking shocking how he can act like that . in eney other job you would be sacked . as for morgan he can rot . we dont need or want guys like that no thanks .

drwhoman

My take on the Ferrier situation is that he is clearly without a brain and has allowed himself to be manipulated by an incredibly stupid young man. I feel sorry for BW. They signed Ferrier in good faith and were going to sell him to us in good faith (Micky must be ropeable!). Where does it leave Ferrier now? Without a club? As this is now public knowledge I cannot imagine the rest of the team being happy about it all and be keen to continue playing with him. You wonder why Anderson was pushed aside. One of Ferrier's London 'mates' maybe given the involvement of Wimbledon? Anyway, Micky clearly has to look elsewhere unless Ferrier tells this guy to go hang.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If Pilling is not to be the stand-in while Davies is injured we need to do better than Liverpool’s fourth choice keeper.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Why don't we give Pilling a chance as it seems he's already been hung, drawn and quartered after a couple of friendly matches.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Why don't we give Pilling a chance as it seems he's already been hung, drawn and quartered after a couple of friendly matches.
He really struggled today. If it was just one or two games Davies was out for we might be able take the risk, but I think he will be missing for longer.

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
Not sure if anyone else saw this or it's already been covered...but not a bad result to get your first two goals for your new team.

Screenshot_4.png

Player
Manager
John King
they wont risk it . then whats the point of giving him another deal
Mellon probably wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, play him in the Checkatrade Trophy games and see how things went. Unfortunately, nobody who saw the game yesterday would want him in goal at Stevenage.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Most decent keepers have dropped clangers in their time. That said, I was surprised Pilling signed up again after he wasn’t felt ready last season, couldn’t really see what had changed

Player
Manager
John King
Most decent keepers have dropped clangers in their time. That said, I was surprised Pilling signed up again after he wasn’t felt ready last season, couldn’t really see what had changed
Whether it was due to inexperience, nerves or ability, his performance yesterday was not good enough and there is no way he could be risked at Stevenage.

You have to question Eric Nixon's role in all of this. Since he arrived, Davies' performances have gone backwards and Pilling has not developed as expected.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good point RLC. Even Rhys Taylor didn’t look convincing at times and his signing came from big Eric’s little black book apparently.