• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
His time will come sooner or later, but he looks like a really good shot stopper. I'd prefer him over a 3rd choice keeper elsewhere.

Player
ian goodison
hope not to serious about scotty but I too would give luke his chance just hope the moaners who sit by me in the jk stand don,t crucify him like they have done with all the young lads over the years

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Luke had a great debut against Maidstone the season before last. He looked really confident, a great prospect.

Player
ian goodison
we can,t afford any signings like alibi or waring this season not in this league I,m sure mm would to bring some more players in maybe things still going on behind the scenes

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Speaking of finances that muppet Danny Lloyd has gone for the money dropping down 2 divisions from Peterborough to money bags Salford.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have actually brought in two players in the last week, so the squad building is continuing at a reasonable pace.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
MM has already alluded to the fact that it will take a while for our transfer dealings to transpire as we’re not at the forefront of the current wish list. Luke should absolutely be given the opportunity in the absence of Scotty, indeed it could be his ideal break. We won’t be under the intense pressure of last season at the start of this one so he could make his mark. Maybe Wharton can sit on the bench if necessary as cover for an individual game as I seem to recall we can bring in emergency loans at this level should a replacement be required longer term outside of transfer windows?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sounds like the Zoom deal is very close to being done. Good news.

Just need a target man now give some aerial presence up front. And possibly another winger.

Player
Manager
John King
Good news about Zoom. He has been outstanding in pre-season. I think Ridehalgh is harshly criticised at times, but Bakayogo is a better player.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Haven’t been to any pre-season games, how does Zoum look in terms of fitness and (in comparison to his prime) pace?

Think he would be a good addition to the squad, but unsure how Zoum 2018 compares with Ridehalgh. Crewe didn’t think he was worth another deal.

Player
Manager
John King
He does not seem to have lost any pace. Whether he has underlying injury issues, I don't know. He is better than Ridehalgh on the performances I have seen.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think he’s a much better player than Ridehalgh in pretty much all areas. I just hope he manages to stay injury free.
Sometimes when a player leaves a club, it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s rubbish because said rival club didn’t want to keep him as we don’t know the circumstances behind it.

I think an injury free Zoum would be a good player in this league.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Zoom was unlucky as he got a good move to Leicester and then suffered a cruciate I think.

Good competition between him and ridehlagh although the latter has an injury still from his tackle at Wembley.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Zoom deal.is done and it also looks like we've activated the release clause in Morgan Ferrier's contract at Boreham Wood (£35k). I remember seeing him at BW away last season and he was a real handful, their record signing from Dag & Red in Feb.....thoughts??

Player
Manager
John King
If the Ferrier rumour is true - and God knows we have had enough false dawns recently - I will be delighted. The pre season games have shown we desperately need someone to help out Norwood. I actually thought we had already activated the release clause but Ferrier did not want to come ?

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Good to see Zoum back. It sounds like he's fit enough and we'd be hard pushed to recruit better given usual constraints.
Ferrier is an interesting one.
I was delighted he's was pronounced injured prior to the play off. He could be that physical presence up front that we are looking for.
Though you can be sure if we've activated his release clause then other clubs will now throw their hats in.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I just hope Ferrier doesn't just pick the best offer from clubs near home. We don't get many southerners willing to come to the Wirral.

Player
aldo
if ferrier has said he dont want to move up north . whats the point just hope we are not wasting time on a dead rubber.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
It does say that other clubs from leagues 1 & 2 have also activated the release clause and as BBC says, I fear that as he's played for Arsenal, Crystal Palace, BW, Dag & Red and then back to BW, I'd be surprised to see him venture off the M25 orbital.