• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, he looks decent. Got himself about and looked composed on the ball.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Gilmour seems to have a decent reputation and impressed those of you who saw the Liverpool friendly. Get the impression that he’s more in the Norburn/Banks mould though?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, he is definitely a creative midfielder. It seems we won't be recruiting another ball-winner which leaves us a bit reliant on Harris, but we always have the option of playing three in midfield if we need to shore things up a bit. In fact, the way the recruitment has gone I would not be surprised if we play 532.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Apparently we have had a 3rd and final bid for rowe turned down & have now moved onto other targets

drwhoman

I think RLC is correct re team structure. He will want to be conservative at least to start with.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Well, we’re heading in my hopeful direction! Winger & midfielder now signed up albeit the latter not yet for the full season. Yes Monthe can do a left back job but Zoum would seem a natural choice to introduce into the ‘group’? So top priority is a striker now, I’d guess we’ve got a fair old budget reserved in this regard but obviously within reason... Top third budget, maybe? Who knows...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’d really love to see Zoum back. Seeing him against Liverpool it felt like he’d never been away.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Has it been stated exactly what’s wrong with Ridehalgh? Seen suggestion of a fracture, which would keep him out a while, if that were true then it would make sense to get another left-back in.

Zoum seemed to have injury difficulties during his time at Crewe, but if he’s recovered from those could prove a decent signing.

Player
aldo
if they want stupid money for a unproven lg player just cus he gets bag loads in the non lg doesint mean he will make the step up . look at miller 40 in the last season for dover and done nothing since and theres a few more to who havent done out .

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Zoum would also be a natural as a left wing back. The thought of him on one side and Caprice / Smith on the other is quite exciting.

If we do play a 352, it would also allow Jennings to move to his best position behind the strikers where he scores a lot more goals than he does out wide. That could be an answer to our goalscoring issue if we can't replace Cook.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He was sh*t anyway :p

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Talk of Scott Davies being out with a groin injury. Don’t know the accuracy of the report, or how long he’d be out for if so. On yesterday’s performance should Luke Pilling get a chance to deputise or do we need to bring another keeper in?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Still a way to go before the season starts but we need to give Luke a chance sooner or later so I wouldn’t bring anyone in, unless scotty was out for a long time.

Luke isn’t as much of a presence as scotty but he deserved a chance if necessary

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Got to go with Luke Pilling if Davies is out, not to do so would be a massive betrayal of the trust he has put in the club by signing an extension of his contract. If Davies is really going to be out for a lengthy period then maybe a backup for Pilling might be necessary but not as a first choice.