• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Stockport (2) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• Stockport

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stockport (2) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
Edgeley Park
Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I don’t think Adkins wants the job but it would be nice if someone asked him.

The fact is that his PPG can’t be much of an improvement on Dawes so we’d be crazy to give him the job full time as it’s not working.

ADD

Player
Norwood
It’s a bit different when they’re in the last six months of their contracts. For anyone in that boat, who the club has decided by January is surplus to requirements, it’s often in the players’ own interest to move (even if only on loan) to get some game time (even if it’s a step or two lower) and put themselves in the shop window and give themselves the best chance of earning a contract somewhere in the summer.
Fair point O4a... but sadly suspect few will have takers even at that level and if they do will also depend on how much money clubs are willing to offer - suspect players like MacAlear we will end up paying a fair chunk of their salaries even if we can offload..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I must have too much time on my hands but I just watched that back.

Contrast Nigel who is ultra positive despite being joint bottom of the league.
Whereas Keith was fairly negative when we’d just got into the play offs….albeit I think we limped in from memory.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There's no chance of any sale of the club being done in time for any additional funds to be made available for whoever the manager is come January it just won't happen that quickly.

Fail to win either of the next 2 league games and the chances of avoiding relegation will decrease considerably despite the number of games remaining. If we get relegated the value of the club will be significantly lower and getting in a new owner will be that much harder.

There's no chance of any sale of the club being done in time for any additional funds to be made available for whoever the manager is come January it just won't happen that quickly.
I doubt anyone would suggest otherwise.

Who knows what funds will be available in January but, if the value of the club - and therefore the valuation of the shareholders’ investment - is under serious threat by the spectre of relegation, commercial logic would say not to rule out some kind of cash injection to help give us the best possible chance of survival. (Edit - mindful too that the club recently authorised an additional 250k(?) worth of shares, of which only £100k worth have so far been issued).

Of course Dale Vince in particular would be more than able to match that!

Last edited:

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
The longer we keep Nigel Adkins and the way things are going it will be to late to turn things around. Its quite obvious to all apart from the chairman that its not working. And to say we are keeping an eye on who is available. Just smacks of treating the fans as stupid. Rant over i am going to cook