• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Season ticket prices 23/24

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The thing is that it's been extended due to the Bank Holiday and the date its extended to is a Bank Holiday
Official answer: the Club Store will be open on 8th May as we play on that day so supporters will be able to get their season tickets on that day.

Make your own minds up. I am seriously concerned our budget next season will be reduced further.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Without a 3k season ticket income, which the club can base it's budgets, without further investment, I can't see us getting a decent players budget!I
But doesn't that just add to the difficulties in finances that the club is experiencing. More debt!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Official answer: the Club Store will be open on 8th May as we play on that day so supporters will be able to get their season tickets on that day.

Make your own minds up. I am seriously concerned our budget next season will be reduced further.
Its not like the club didn't know all this well in advance its getting farcical the way the club is being run.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Without a 3k season ticket income, which the club can base it's budgets, without further investment, I can't see us getting a decent players budget!I
But doesn't that just add to the difficulties in finances that the club is experiencing. More debt!
There will undoubtedly be a reduction in season ticket sales the key will be how much lower the income from the sales will be.
There will be a number of player sales in the summer which will partially help but without decent additional investment whoever the new manager is will have their work cut out to assemble a decent squad

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Or in other words we are knackered. It's time for the Palios to move to retirement and just go let another who might want to spend cash take over the club and at least try to move us forward and not backwards. They have done a lot of good things but enough is enough

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Its not like the club didn't know all this well in advance its getting farcical the way the club is being run.
Of course they did. They are just trying to drum up sales as the take up is slow. Will they extend the extension?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Of course they did. They are just trying to drum up sales as the take up is slow. Will they extend the extension?
At 1500 know, I would think the new manager will be appointed prior to the extended deadline

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Of course at the end of last season MP may have been concerned about season ticket sales for 22/23, after 21/22 saw a lack of goals and entertainment overall. Hence his ‘goals goals goals’ comment and views that we should play higher up the pitch (resulting in us telling Clarke he’d be a bit part player), and more exciting to watch overall.

The irony is that it never really materialised this season and especially in hard times, some people won’t want another season of (at times), a poor spectacle.

But as has been stated it’s a vicious circle. Less sales means poorer players meaning less chance of winning attacking football.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That's why we need investment Sparky. It's a business, you have to attract the customers in. You can't expect people to part with their money with the football we've witnessed this season especially. The club has to make the first move, give us something to cheer about and we'll see people coming back.

A few years ago when we where in league one, we were getting 6,7,8000 attendances easily.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Or in other words we are knackered. It's time for the Palios to move to retirement and just go let another who might want to spend cash take over the club and at least try to move us forward and not backwards. They have done a lot of good things but enough is enough
Sorry but that is so unrealistic and a sort of manifesto for the club to go into huge decline. Palios has made it clear from day one if a decent person came forward with capital he will step down. No one has appeared and his stepping down won't make it happen either.
Meanwhile there is a sea of absolute shysters out there

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
That's why we need investment Sparky. It's a business, you have to attract the customers in. You can't expect people to part with their money with the football we've witnessed this season especially. The club has to make the first move, give us something to cheer about and we'll see people coming back.

A few years ago when we where in league one, we were getting 6,7,8000 attendances easily.
Johnson invested £10 million the club was on the verge of the now Prem and still gates did not stem the losses. The term investment and Tranmere seem a misrepresentation.

Player
Manager
Before the present owners took over, it was stated that an average of 10k for the season plus cup revenue was needed to be profitable. That was really unachievable. I was surprised that the plan to stay at PP was announced shortly after take over, as the club is unsustainable especially in the lower leagues.
The nature of football business means that a profit can only be achieved in circumstances where the club over achieves and somehow increases the income from outside sources or achieving promotion to the higher divisions namely the championship.
Lorraine Rovers wanted to move nearly twenty years ago, remember Wirral Wolves? Aaaaaghhh!
Which if you remember, that is what the spin was when the club was talking outside income for a university, hotel and other ideas which I don't think will happen now!
The club cannot survive with current attendances. So something has to give.
The club cannot cut much more, without affecting the threat and likelihood of going back down to VNL.
The club should have moved.
I would have hated it but if my club could become competitive again, I would accept it.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Johnson invested £10 million the club was on the verge of the now Prem
And how that is so easily forgotten when people whinge about the current investment in Wrexham, and not forgetting that that £10 million then would be worth about £23.5 million now.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
So has the feasibility study been paused, as we haven’t got the funds for that (unlikely?) the owners don’t think a move is viable in the current climate or haven’t got the energy for the big project it would be? Or something else.

Always felt it unlikely a hotel at the suggested location would be very profitable even with other retail development, no idea about concert venue. Prenton Park is a drain on resources atm and an upgrade unaffordable. We probably do need another PJ style sugar daddy, but such don’t come along very often.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They were making losses within the club during the Johnson spell. It was not being run well, certain people within the club where using it for their own gains. It is not just attendenaces which have an impact. I mean we probably did overstretch it but we were soooo close too.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Prenton Park is a drain on resources atm and an upgrade unaffordable
I look around at the ground now and just think, this is crazy. It's a big, old stadium. And we were once in the National league! Crazy..

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
So has the feasibility study been paused, as we haven’t got the funds for that (unlikely?) the owners don’t think a move is viable in the current climate or haven’t got the energy for the big project it would be? Or something else.
I don't think it is the first one, since I don't think we had to pay anything initially, I'm sure it was covered by Wirral and Liverpool City Region with us to reimburse if it went ahead? The third would be the worst scenario unless, of course, it resulted in a major alternative investment and everything is on hold because of that (the "something else"?). A "win" for Mark and Nicola would be either organic sustainable League 1 football or passing the reins to wealthier investors who can jump start that process. Anything else feels quite bleak at the moment and probably sums up the mood of many.

Player
Manager
They were making losses within the club during the Johnson spell. It was not being run well, certain people within the club where using it for their own gains. It is not just attendenaces which have an impact. I mean we probably did overstretch it but we were soooo close too.
True, and I remember the ramifications of the fallout from that. And it wasn't pretty, I think that was the turning point for PJ. Didn't have the heart for it, to throw money at it again! Never forget the disappointment of not achieving promotion then! It would have solved a lot of problems from that time. Or maybe not, we will never know!

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King

Always felt it unlikely a hotel at the suggested location would be very profitable even with other retail development, no idea about concert venue. Prenton Park is a drain on resources atm and an upgrade unaffordable. We probably do need another PJ style sugar daddy, but such don’t come along very often.
I think it is the last of the three suggestions. They have been actively seeking new investment / owners and so probably have not had the time or energy.

I don't know why Palios does not delegate these tasks to somebody suitably qualified.