• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Season ticket prices 23/24

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Tranmere Rovers Football Club can now announce their early bird prices for 2023/24 Season Cards.

As a Club, we recognise the current cost of living crisis that everyone, including ourselves, is experiencing and we understand that we cannot pass on the majority of the cost increases we face to our season card holders.

However, after discussions between the Club, Trust and TROSC, we have agreed that a modest increase in some categories is unavoidable.

With that being said, our Junior (U18s) and Family Junior (U12s) prices have been frozen and will not be affected by the increase.

We are pleased that we are able to continue to offer supporters the opportunity to spread the cost over 12 months, interest free, with prices starting from £33 per month.

Mark Palios said: “We appreciate enormously the support shown by our season card holders through some tough years with the pandemic and the cost of living crisis and we would never take that for granted. Although some price increases have been unavoidable, we hope that the new fan park and other ground improvements will result in a better match day experience for everyone.”

As always, we will be offering discounted early bird prices. The early bird deadline is Sunday 30th April 2023 and after that, they will be increased to full price.

For the first time ever fans will be able to add their season card to their apple/google wallet for care free, quick access into the stadium. Physical cards will still be available for those supporters who want one, details of which will be sent out at a later date.

Bebington End & Town End
Adult £500 / EB £450
Senior £400 / EB £360
Young Person £360 / EB £324
Disabled £360 / EB £324
Junior £117 / £99
Family Junior £60 / EB £45

Town Paddock Inc Bunny Bell bar
Adult £460 / EB £414
Senior £360 / EB £324
Young Person £320 / EB £288
Disabled £320 / EB £288
Junior £117 / £99

Ben Paddock, JK stand and kop
Adult £440 / EB £396
Senior £340 / EB £306
Young Person £300 / EB £270
Disabled £300 / EB £270
Junior £117 / £99

Ian Muir Bar Lounge
Adult £1000 / EB £900
Personal Assistant £500 / EB £450
Junior £580 / EB £435

Ray Mathias Lounge
Adult £1300 / EB 1170
Personal Assistant £800 / EB £720
Junior £880 / EB £660

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
What you all paying now and with the Level of Entertainment you are getting or not are you happy with the increase

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
If you think fourth division football isn't pretty on the eye, not sure it ever was.
Tranmere always seem to have an unsophisticated approach to ticket prices. They fail to understand why people drift away.
They fall into two groups, ones who aren't attracted to attend anymore and not due to pricing. And those who would like to but either cannot afford to or cannot justify such spending in the circumstances.
The main stand and JK could deal with full pricing as the market allows. The cheaper seats behind the goal, the kop could really reach out to those who are struggling. Anyone in the latter group of strugglers can move stand and those who stay in the pricier seats would contribute more.
The headline was £33 a month you could get that down to a better one of £29. Meanwhile a £600 fee for the main stand would bring it nearer to the suites and tempt people to trade up.
An effective near one price fits all is not effective

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Interesting that Bradford City have FROZEN their 2023/24 season ticket prices to the same rate as for 22/23 : Adult 300 / EB 198
Senior (65+) 260 /EB 174
Young Person (17-23) 260 /EB 174
Youth (12-16|) 190 /EB 126
Junior (11 or under) 45 /EB 30
Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that for their game yesterday against Colchester (who I can't image brought many fans from Essex) had a gate of.....20383.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We could not get 20,000 supporters in the ground every week if we let people in for free, so that pricing structure would be impossible for us. Bradford is a large city with no real direct competition from other clubs nearby apart from Leeds, and I doubt many Bradfordians would watch them on principle.

Bradford were charging a fiver for admission yesterday, hence the bigger attendance.

Their discounted season ticket strategy was, in part, tapping into the thousands of people in the town who filled the stadium each week when they were in the EPL but, at a lower level, wouldn’t otherwise be bothered week in week out.

I doubt either model would make such a big difference to our gates, although a fiver for a heavily-promoted one-off game may still be worth considering.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The club used to run promos for the odd game, fiver entry for example, that all seems to have stopped now.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Bradford have offered discounted season tickets for quite a number of years now.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The club used to run promos for the odd game, fiver entry for example, that all seems to have stopped now.
That's something that should be looked at again, but there appears no interest in doing so.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Maybe it's just too counter productive losing money on gate reciepts with the quality of football hardly likely to entice people back. I do feel they need to try something though.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think there is any major concern regarding attendances. We are still averaging over 6,000 this season, despite a likely mid table finish.

If we receive even the relatively modest investment that is required for a promotion challenge, gates will increase by a few hundred back to the levels of last season. It is chicken and egg. The casual supporters respond to winning football, but to win more consistently we need additional investment.

It is inevitable that season ticket prices will rise in the current economic environment.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It is also inevitable that fewer people will renew because of the current economic environment. There will also be some not renewing due to the quality of football on offer, coupled with the raising of expectations about that. I guess the calculations have been made on how significant this number will be.

Personally, I have been unable to attend more games than usual on a seasoncard this year. I’ve always broken even at best, previously. However, when season card holders are not favoured over TROSC card holders who do not have a record of attending away games, as happened for the Harrogate game this season, it feels like the club do not give sufficient weighting to those who purchase a ST. I did get to go to Harrogate, but never got a response from the club over the allocation strategy and financially I’d be better off just paying the TROSC tenner…

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Could they offer incentives for season ticket holders as ultimately that is the sale they want.

Player
Manager
John King
There will also be some not renewing due to the quality of football on offer,
The quality of the football this season has actually been slightly better than last, and is no different to the vast majority of sides we play. I have not seen a single decent footballing side at this level this season, including Orient, Stevenage and Carlisle.

This is League Two and I think debates about 'quality of football' are nonsense to be honest. You simply won't see a high standard of football with League Two players, but I find the fayre on offer perfectly entertaining given my emotional involvement with the club.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
The quality of the football this season has actually been slightly better than last, and is no different to the vast majority of sides we play. I have not seen a single decent footballing side at this level this season, including Orient, Stevenage and Carlisle.

This is League Two and I think debates about 'quality of football' are nonsense to be honest. You simply won't see a high standard of football with League Two players, but I find the fayre on offer perfectly entertaining given my emotional involvement with the club.
I still watch all levels of football, and I have seen better kids games, better games in the non league, league two isn't the best, but to say it's not about how we play doesn't effect opinions or that you will except poor performance. I think you are trying to bait us. In the last two seasons, our levels of performance overall is nowhere near the levels that it took to win our promotions.

it's poor and supporters have already started staying away and we won't get them back unless our levels of performance changes. I'm aware that our average gate is lower than our first season in the National league, whether that is performance or the cost of taking a family is far beyond many supporters now!

Is there family season tickets for next season?

Player
Manager
John King
I still watch all levels of football, and I have seen better kids games, better games in the non league, league two isn't the best, but to say it's not about how we play doesn't effect opinions or that you will except poor performance. I think you are trying to bait us. In the last two seasons, our levels of performance overall is nowhere near the levels that it took to win our promotions.

it's poor and supporters have already started staying away and we won't get them back unless our levels of performance changes. I'm aware that our average gate is lower than our first season in the National league, whether that is performance or the cost of taking a family is far beyond many supporters now!

Is there family season tickets for next season?
Our average gate is not lower than the first season in the National League.

I see no real difference between the quality of the football this season and in 2018-19 when we won promotion. The difference is Norwood's goals.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume

I agree that there has been a slight improvement in the quality of our football from last season, although perhaps not to the extent that expectations were raised. It doesn't feel like we’re playing with the quality that we did in our return to the FL season or at times during the NL campaigns and that isn’t purely relating to having quality forwards back then. Maybe L2 is of poorer quality generally these days.

I’ve made clear that the quality of football on offer is not key to my decision to renew. Equally some supporters have explicitly said that’s why they won’t renew. Their money, their choice..

Player
Manager
John King
Equally some supporters have explicitly said that’s why they won’t renew. Their money, their choice..
I think they are being disingenuous. At a time when resources are limited, but our league position is still respectable, they see 'quality of football' as another means of attacking Mellon.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I think they are being disingenuous. At a time when resources are limited, but our league position is still respectable, they see 'quality of football' as another means of attacking Mellon.
I think MM is the best thing to happen to this club, since JK. It is more remarkable what he has accomplished without resources.
I think you're playing devils advocate here.
out position is ok but not the levels of performance. The quality of football, top half of the national league is far better than what I'm seeing. But that is my opinion.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
at the end of the day, we all want value for money and we are not getting that with another price, hike numbers will fall this summer its so Important we get some goals in the team and stop getting sick notes