• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v maidenhead

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Wrexham will be a test as they are definitely heading for at least the playoffs and have been consistent all season. A defeat would really put us back but a win would give everyone real belief.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Caught up with the highlights. The Norwood and Kirby misses weren't as bad as the commentary suggested and Norwood seemed to be having a good game. I don't think Taylor was at fault for their first goal, McNulty might have done better. However, he did seem glued to his line for their second.

drwhoman

Do not disagree Boz but it struck me what a big side Maidenhead were physically. Taylor is not the tallest goalkeeper and there were a lot of players around him when they scored their second.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Taylor should still have come out and attempted to punch. He has been rooted to his line in other games as well. A goalkeeper can't leave a ball on the edge of the six yard box to the centre halves.

Player
aldo
Will be great to see tollit when fitt. an josh ginnelly. on each wing with clark bomming forward in the next few months could be realy exciting and realy entertaining . . Realy looking forward to the remainder of the season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Taylor should still have come out and attempted to punch. He has been rooted to his line in other games as well. A goalkeeper can't leave a ball on the edge of the six yard box to the centre halves.
I think while Davies is out, we'll have to put up with certain characteristics. A reserve GK from the National League is going to come with his faults.

M

Mal

As I have said a few times, both Liverpool goalkeepers screw up regularly and they cost millions and millions. So perfection at national league level is not to be expected. Even Davies has made a hash of things.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm surprised, relieved and pleased that someone who couldn't get onto Fylde's bench is so good. So I'm grateful to MP and Dave Challinor for arranging the loan. But I still believe we have far and away the best no 2 keeper in Luke Pilling.

Player
aldo
Luke pilling needs to be given a chance . But happy with who we have . But still need to play luke . He will prob be off in summer with being out of contract

Player
Manager
John King
I think while Davies is out, we'll have to put up with certain characteristics. A reserve GK from the National League is going to come with his faults.
Agreed, but it just goes to show how solid Davies is and how much we take him for granted.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Most definitely.

Player
Manager
John King
Fylde two up already. If they win they will be two points behind us. They look like title contenders now.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
RLC, I'm a little concerned about whether the conflict of interest keeper wise could potentially kick in here? I'm talking now, not further on down the line....

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Challinor has done a great job at Fylde. Yes he’s had money there but at this level they are punching above their weight. Amazed they’ve kept hold of Danny Rowe.

George Waring scores on his Kidderminster debut tonight

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Fylde won 3-0. I agree that they are a real title contender with the current run. They also have a favourable set of fixtures, with nearly all their games against top third opponents coming at home, only the final game, a trip to Wrexham bucks that pattern.

I think Fylde’s extra finances allow them to keep hold of Rowe. MH not too bothered about Taylor, he’s a professional player who’ll do his best for us, might be trying to get a contract with Rovers next season.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
So Boz, Scotty is back for potential play off against Fylde? Parent club of Taylor? I don't know but whilst so many players are on their way back to fitness I worry that the legend himself Mr Nixon has chosen our potential biggest rival to provide a keeper? Just sayin'... having been a supporter for 40 years we usually find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's been suggested Scott is about a month away from being match-fit, but I'd expect him to go straight back into the first team when he is.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Sounds like a cunning plan by the man of long throw-in fame from where I'm sitting, lol!! At minimum Taylor is gonna be questioned over any dodgy save or goal!! I don't see this as a healthy situation & a niaive move on our part!!

drwhoman

I think the guy who finances Fylde does so because the Oystons would not let him into Blackpool.

M

Mal

Paranoid. Who's paranoid? I'm not, i'm sure i'm not, he will try to be professional, he will, I know he will. Won't he?. Aaaaaargggghhh!