• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v maidenhead

Player
aldo
Rovers need to keep the same team prob with jenno up front an kirby coming in for cookie . After a battling win on sat . Its back to scoring on sat so im saying 4.0 with over 5k watching jenno to get back scoring norwood an norburn to with clark gettin the last one

Player
aldo
I just love my team an are football club . Have loved the last few home games being entertaining and fun just wont it to continue .

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Big Mac has a fitness test which if he fails, MM has confirmed Gumbs will play ahead of McEveley. Also confirmed Ginnelly will play instead of the injured Cole.

Player
aldo
will be good to see andwat Ginnelly can do . great some of the others are getting back cant wait to see ben running at teams

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It will be interesting to see Ginnelly and it is good that Mellon is again backing the youngsters by preferring Gumbs to Calamity Jay.

I am slightly nervous about this game, not because of the opposition but because we will have two or three enforced changes at a time when the side was just settling again after losing the loan players. I think I would prefer to see Waring up front alongside Norwood, as you need a physical presence at this level and I can't see combinations of Nors/Jennings/Kirby really working. Maidenhead apparently play some decent football, so it should be an entertaining game.

Prediction: Rovers victory in front of a crowd of about 4,500.

drwhoman

I believe that Alan Devonshire is their Manager? A talented player in an entertaining West Ham team. Would not be surprised if they try to play football which would probably suit us.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hoping for a home win 2 0, if there is any doubt about the fitness of McNulty then he should not play, Gumbs will djo a decent job

Player
Manager
John King
Having watched Mickey's interview, it does not seem that McEverley has much of a future at the club.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good news about McEveley. He was a liability.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting that after Ridehalgh's capable performance in central defence at Woking, Micky gives a clear indication that Gumbs will replace McNulty if he fails his fitness test. Agree with bigmart, any doubt about big Steve's fitness and he shouldn't play, I'd rather he got himself fully fit for Wrexham, where his experience could be crucial. Elsewhere, Ginnelly for Cole is obvious, judging by the short period he's been at Rovers, Larnell seems very injury prone though.

Micky was quite coy about how he'll deal with Cook's suspension. Assuming James Alabi doesn't appear out of the blue, it looks like a choice between Waring and Kirby. Only seen Waring for about ten minutes, he looked quite gangly and didn't seem to be a great physical presence, which we know Kirby isn't. I think the fact Waring has had more match time may edge things in his favour, but it's a close call.

I'm not expecting much of a crowd for this one, missing it myself, maybe about 4.2k. Think it will be a tight game, hard to see many goals, but would hope Rovers edge out on top.

Player
aldo
I am bringing my beautiful little girl on saturday for her second game . We won the last one she was at . Although she was picked up at half time . Lol . Nanny is on standby again

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Wareing has some game time under his belt together with a couple of goals so would like to see him get the nod. If he doesn't get a shirt then it's hard to envisage when he's likely to do so.
Mangs doesn't appear to be in the frame.
Ginnelly could be anything but Mickey came up trump's with DMH so fingers crossed.
Be remarkable if Macca recovered. Agree that we should err on side of caution ready for the bigger fish to fry next week.
Silkmen won't find it easy at Fylde so a win could put us right back up there.
Interesting read from 5 months ago. So right re Woking keeper and so wrong re Alabi!!

www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/19833/the-nlp-predicts-part-3/

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Wareing out on loan for the season at Kiddy.
Ah well..., I did try for him!
Mangs then?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Reckon it’ll be Kirby up front as he’s a favourite of mickeys. Not sure it’ll work without any aerial threat though. Mangan on the bench possibly

Anyone know where Alabi is?!?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A hard to fathom move re Waring. Halifax wanted to extend his loan and were giving him game time, so why lend him out to the league below instead? It's certainly cutting down the options up front, unless there's a new arrival sneaking under the radar in time for tomorrow.

Talk of Clarke being injured too.

Player
Manager
John King
I think the move might be partly financially motivated. We probably needed to ship someone out to accommodate the new arrivals, with Mangan and Alabi back on our payroll, at least for the time being. Kiddy willing to pay more of his wages than Halifax perhaps ?

Player
Manager
John King
Apparently McNulty is fit to start to tomorrow. We definitely should not take any risks with him with Wrexham coming up.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Waring loan deal must be due to Kidderminster paying more or all of his wages compared to Halifax