• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (4) v Stockport (0)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stockport

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (4) v Stockport (0)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, February 17, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 17, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

drwhoman

As I write this, my watch tells me it’s 8 o’clock on Saturday evening, but today’s match hasn’t started yet. It feels strange. The explanation is that I am on holiday in New Zealand, which is currently 13 hours ahead. So the game will not kick off until it is four in the morning, when hopefully I will be asleep. It’s something drwhoman and our other antipodean fans will consider normal, but to be it feels weird.

Having said that, I’m going for a Rovers win. My only logic is that recent results have gone against expectations, so we are due for a change in fortune.
Nothing wrong with 4am BBTC particularly when you beat the top team 4-0!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brilliant performance from Rovers. One of the best I've seen this season. Every player was on point, they all worked hard, worked for each other and were clinical in the final third. Stockport were terrible in all honesty but that does not distract from Rovers' excellent display today. I really hope they can carry this momentum forward and do some more damage against FGR next week. MOTM Turnbull with other notable performances by Davies, O'Connor, Walker and Saunders. Difficult to single them out as they were all brilliant today.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The entire team were outstanding today, we got stuck into them a lot more today and were deadly from set pieces, also no subs used today which helped as on Tuesday the subs weakened the team

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Managed to catch the brief highlights, some quality in the goals and creative work, plus the vital save RLC mentions when we were only 1 up. Let's hope we can keep it going and finish the season on a high.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
You can understand why NA makes so few changes. There is a big gulf in quality between our first choice and bench particularly in the defensive and midfield areas. It's not quite so bad in attack and a fit Norris should mean Connor gets a few minutes break every now and then. Clearly CJ is super fit (possibly super human) but we must be risking breaking him!

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
You can understand why NA makes so few changes. There is a big gulf in quality between our first choice and bench particularly in the defensive and midfield areas. It's not quite so bad in attack and a fit Norris should mean Connor gets a few minutes break every now and then. Clearly CJ is super fit (possibly super human) but we must be risking breaking him!
This is damning legacy of poor recruitment and big squads, the presumed Vaughan period was dire but is about to end- contractually. I'd give McAlear the benefit of the doubt and the keeper/CH are really injury cover. I'd like to see Jolley alongside Norris for a proper look. Hawkes is so so. Norris jnr seems to have some agreement clause as his place is odd at times. Dennis also relies on a fit Norris.
Bar the young no one else merits a mention. Just realised Pike has disappeared as for Leake!
As you say we are taking liberties with Connor and Hendry for that matter

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It is bizarre we have such a large squad of 32 professionals but so much of it is rubbish.

Hopefully more quality than quantity next season

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
To be fair, I think Saunders deserves a mention. He’s been really good these last few games.
Totally agree. He has his critics and we know he’s not a natural finisher but if others are chipping in with goals like yesterday then he does a very good job at the other stuff like pressing defenders