• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (4) v Stockport (0)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stockport

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (4) v Stockport (0)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, February 17, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 17, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is a very long shot, but surprisingly the gap to the play offs remains eight points following tonight's matches.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It is still
It is a very long shot, but surprisingly the gap to the play offs remains eight points following tonight's matches.
It is still a very long shot but I’m sure Nigel will not relax until the playoffs are mathematically impossible. He seems that sort of chap. Dragging us up from the relegation zone to the top seven would be a monumental achievement, when back in October most of us would have been delighted with midtable.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have earned thirty points in the seventeen games since the permanent appointment of Adkins, which is automatic promotion form.

I think it is more a case that the disastrous start to the season has given us too much to do.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would say it’s a mix of factors, rather than purely down to the poor start. There have been lost games in 2024 where arguably we could have picked up at least a draw, add 4 points to our current total and things would be interesting. Don’t think anything wrong with Nigel setting us up as play-off contenders until the maths says otherwise, but it would be amazing if we make the play-offs from our current position.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Yes it would be amazing if they got there but let's take it one game at a time. As for Norris i would be giving him 20 mins er and there to ease him back