• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pre season friendlies

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
DB, apparently the Wrexham owners originally looked into taking over Hartlepool and only switched their attention when Pools owner Mr Singh was after a sum above what they’d pay. Though our Welsh neighbours seem a better fit at what their business model.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Merrie not on the bench tonight, injured or out of favour?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Looking forward to seeing yarney and leake. Lewis starts and Dawes does seem to rate him.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Interesting turnbull doesn’t start in our last pre season friendly….might just be precautionary

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting turnbull doesn’t start in our last pre season friendly….might just be precautionary
Perhaps that pre-season red card is going to result in a ban?

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Looking forward to seeing yarney and leake. Lewis starts and Dawes does seem to rate him.
Dawes probably sees him as quite versatile. I wonder whether he sees him as a defensive midfielder or even slotting into a back three.
For me I think he's a decent squad player, and he can look after himself.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think I’d have preferred Walker starting ahead of Lewis, to get home more minutes under his belt.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Decent workout so far. More possession for Wigan but Saunders has had two good chances and only hit the target with one. Only 45mins but we’re still looking like we need a fox in the box (which hopefully we have on the bench).

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Think I’d have preferred Walker starting ahead of Lewis, to get home more minutes under his belt.
Lewis playing the more defensive of him and hendry and I’m not sure he’s disciplined enough.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Dennis and Norris both doing the half time warm up so May see a bit of them a second half