• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pre season friendlies

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
5 announced starting off away to Vauxhalls then Southport, behind closed door games v Fleetwood and Rochdale then home to an Everton eleven with 1 more game to be announced

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
They’re not very inspiring. Might try to make Vauxhall .
The idea of a pre-season Ireland tour floated by Palios at one of the forums seems to have got nowhere.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’ll be at vauxhall although not sure how many proper first teamers will play

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
It will probably be u23s.
We won't know until they an ounce their preseason schedule.

drwhoman

On a different note, I see that Liverpool Ladies will be training at Melwood in future and not the Solar campus. I assume that our income will decline sadly.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Fixtures.
We're Home to Bartow first game.
Wrectum host MK Don's.
We're Away to Don's second game....a chance to see how we compare to Wrectum All Stars early on.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Despite my reservations about the way the club has been led in recent months, I am looking forward to the game next Saturday.

It is a novelty to have pretty much the entire core of the squad in place at this stage of pre-season, and it will be interesting to see how Dawes uses the relative embarrassment of riches at his disposal. He has got the options to play any one of 442, a diamond, or 4231 as in the closing weeks of last season.

Will he try and accommodate Dennis, Norris and Saunders, assuming Hemmings is no longer first choice and is possibly on his way out, or will he go for a forward partnership of Dennis and Norris given their success last season ?

We shall see.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m also looking forward to the short trip to Vauxhalls next Saturday. Probably more so because we had nothing to play for during the last few months of the season when it was pretty dire. Whereas now we’re starting afresh with the excitement of some positive new signings.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Usually,
Despite my reservations about the way the club has been led in recent months, I am looking forward to the game next Saturday.

It is a novelty to have pretty much the entire core of the squad in place at this stage of pre-season, and it will be interesting to see how Dawes uses the relative embarrassment of riches at his disposal. He has got the options to play any one of 442, a diamond, or 4231 as in the closing weeks of last season.

Will he try and accommodate Dennis, Norris and Saunders, assuming Hemmings is no longer first choice and is possibly on his way out, or will he go for a forward partnership of Dennis and Norris given their success last season ?

We shall see.
The make up of the first couple of pre season friendlies, will be two different elevens as the players build up their match fitness and get some minutes and miles in their legs. It won't be first eleven to start, it will be a mixture of young and old.