• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pre season friendlies

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Usually,

The make up of the first couple of pre season friendlies, will be two different elevens as the players build up their match fitness and get some minutes and miles in their legs. It won't be first eleven to start, it will be a mixture of young and old.
I know, but you usually still get an indication of the shape of the team and where certain players will feature.

For example, last season we played a 532 in the majority of the pre-season games, which is the system we used at the start of the season proper.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Never been to Vauxhalls before and this the only pre-season I’m likely to make this year.
It’s suggested elsewhere that there’s still a creative midfielder in the pending arrivals, so he might be with us for this. Agree it will be interesting to see how Rovers line up, will Hemmings feature and guessing the identity of any trialists.
Just hope no repeat of last season when Jolley and Morris both badly injured in one of these games.

Player
Manager
John King
Never been to Vauxhalls before and this the only pre-season I’m likely to make this year.
It’s suggested elsewhere that there’s still a creative midfielder in the pending arrivals, so he might be with us for this. Agree it will be interesting to see how Rovers line up, will Hemmings feature and guessing the identity of any trialists.
Just hope no repeat of last season when Jolley and Morris both badly injured in one of these games.
I think the Warrington friendly has been ditched because of the Morris incident. Awful tackle by Gumbs.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Yea glad too we need to support some of our locally based teams to get the boys going

ADD

Player
Norwood
Looking forward, as others have said, to seeing how we set up and how the new players go. Won't be able to make it sadly but hope see some video after the game and look forward to reports.
I am assuming that we will have all first team squad players play 45 minutes so will be nice to have Jolley back again playing and see how he looks after such a serious injury and such a long lay off. Also will be interesting to see how Taylor goes - the forward line is of course much stronger than last but I would still think it likely Hemmings will go. Taylor I think looked a really good prospect in his few minutes at end of season and may as such be challenging Jolley for the first forward bench spot. At the back would be nice to see the young keeper get some minutes - has he got a contract or still at the Academy does anyone know as looks like he was training full time with McGee?
Presumably Hockenhull will get his chance to convince Dawes he is good enough to step in when either Davies or Turnbull are injured. We shall see.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It will be interesting to see if there are any trialists are involved and if all of the injured players are involved

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The weather forecast isn’t looking great for tomorrow afternoon.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I was just thinking that Boz. Thunder and lightning due in the afternoon. Hopefully it won’t come to much. Most if not all of Vauxhalls is exposed to the elements I think

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I was just thinking that Boz. Thunder and lightning due in the afternoon. Hopefully it won’t come to much. Most if not all of Vauxhalls ‘ground’ is exposed to the elements I think

Vauxhalls has plenty of cover and seats, more than enough for the 315 tickets they’d sold @ 5pm! They were VNL North not too many years ago.

Player
Manager
John King
I was just thinking that Boz. Thunder and lightning due in the afternoon. Hopefully it won’t come to much. Most if not all of Vauxhalls ‘ground’ is exposed to the elements I think
I would imagine the attendance will be about 1,000. The covered seated stand at Vauxhall's is not that big, so probably worth getting there early if you want to sit down.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Tom Davies skippers the side. McGee starts in goal and There is a start for mikey Davies plus a Triallist starts I’m guessing at RB and 3 others on the bench.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Trains have been a nightmare not going to make ko. Hope I’ll be able to get in and see some of the game…