• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New sponsor deal

S

Seanyb

Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
Seanyb said:
Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
Liverpool is Liverpool and we are Wirral so I feel we are not part of the capital of culture sh*t thats Liverpool a complete different place and it shouldnt be on our tops

What a pile of crap you are talking about!!!!! Open your eyes to the world mate, there are other place away from the wirral. I personally love Liverpool and I spend a lot of my time there. Its just bollocks if you think the wirral is it.

You don't know what you are talking about. Its just sheer arrogance as if your an old man.

Shut up what do you know? Of course Liverpool are our Rivals do you remember when they came to Prenton Park the Atmosphere was one that of a derby. I know alot of Liverpool fans come to the Tranmere home games but they are never welcome in my eyes i'd rather see 5,000 die hard Tranmere fans rather than 5,000 Tranmere fans and 3,000 Liverpool fans in the ground as well. We are a team from the Wirral and Liverpool is a different place. 'LIVERPOOL 08' not 'WIRRAL 08' Liverpool is a complete different place I hate Liverpool, Liverpool fc and Everton FC because i'm a Tranmere Rovers fan and I take pride that we are not apart of Liverpool

No, I am right and you are wrong. It says Liverpool '08 not Liverpool FC '08. Its about the city not the club.

And I stand by my word that liverpool is an allie club. Tell any liverpool fan (from liverpool, a proper scouser) that you are a tranmere fan, they will most likely say positive things in return rather than, 'their shit!'

Also, I called you a gimp as a joke, don't take it the wrong way.

AND

Yes, I do support liverpool too, it doesn't mean I'm less of a tranmere fan. I see the two seperate clubs in different ways.

S

Seanyb

Matthew The Rover said:
Disgrace. Don't want to be sponsered by a group of Scousers :evil:

Now thats offensive!! Practice what you preach boyo!!

M

Matthew The Rover

I hate Liverpool because of what my brother did to Tranmere and what happened in Heisal (sorry I haven't a clue how to spell it!).

My brother was a Tranmere fan and season ticket holder until the season Tranmere got relegated (funnily enough the same year Liverpool won the trebel) and turned to Liverpool.

C

ChiefRich

Heysel is an interesting one to bring up at this point. That was in a totally different era (before you or I were born in fact) and was caused not only by hooliganism but by despicable safety controls and a shoddy ground as well.

That is not a reason to hate Liverpool as a city or Scousers in general. That might be a reason not to like Liverpool Football Club, but is certainly not a reason to not like the use of "Liverpool 08" on the back of the shirts.

Remember that the Wirral WILL benefit from Liverpool 08 more than most places, even though we are a separate place from Liverpool. Tranmere Rovers will also benefit from this deal; we might not buy another player but it might allow us to keep someone good (if we have anyone valuable). Given that football is now business-driven (whether we like it or not - I don't but that's the way it is), we'd be fools not to take this opportunity.

As for moving the "Next Match" board back to Borough Road - great idea. Loads of people use that road to get to Liverpool!!!!

M

Matthew The Rover

I know it was before I was born and I knew somebody was bound to pick up on that but after watching a program on it last year I was just disgusted at what happened.

As for the city, I just don't like the people. Those who I've met just don't seem to be nice peole at all.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
ChiefRich said:
That is not a reason to hate Liverpool as a city or Scousers in general. That might be a reason not to like Liverpool Football Club, but is certainly not a reason to not like the use of "Liverpool 08" on the back of the shirts.

that was exactly the point I was trying to make before I but I got moaned at and name called.

C

ChiefRich

Matthew The Rover said:
As for the city, I just don't like the people. Those who I've met just don't seem to be nice peole at all.

Spending time over there allows me to disagree. An opinion is an opinion at the end of the day so this sounds like it is pretty much the end of the matter.

bolton_hater said:
that was exactly the point I was trying to make before I but I got moaned at and name called.

I didn't myself, and lad responsible said it was meant as a joke, so that's hopefully end of the matter. Glad that you agree as well!!!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
:lol: yer.

this has got to be the most argumentitive topic ever here on WR!

ahh good stuff

S

Seanyb

Matthew The Rover said:

I don't mean to patronise you but you are young so you won't quite get how good of a place liverpool is. Wirral is my home but I spend most of my time in liverpool. If your basing your overall opinion about scousers on those few you have met then you are being narrow minded. It isn't the capital of culture for nothing. I bet you if you learn and understand the city better, there is bound to be a place that you love with the type of people you like. For example, I openly say I love liverpool, but it doesn't mean I would like to drink in a working class pub in Toxteth!!! Just need to opem your eyes a bit before you pass a comment which is purely based on your own false assumptions.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Out of respect to Ian and the other mods i've bit my tongue whilst utter shite has been spouted on here by clueless ignorant kids over the last few days and can't for much longer so i'm off.

It's a boss site this but be it virtual or real i'm not hanging round with pricks so i'm off.

For evidence of kids talking utter bollocks about stuff they know fuck all about, you only need to read Matt and Birkenheads posts on here. One just rants cluelessly the other writes off an entire city based on the few people he's met, both whilst writing off extra income based on blind hatred of a city they hardly know and two football clubs not even connected to the sponsorship and advertising.

Here's a fact lads. We're a tiny club on a tiny peninsula that most of the population couldn't give a flying fuck about. If one neutural fan wants to turn up cos their "first" club has an away game that day you welcome them with open arms, beacuse next time they might bring a few mates and the next time they might bring a few mates. It helps to keep the club alive you see.

As others have said, we don't just spend money on the team. Who do you think does all the admin work at the club? Maintains the ground? Cooks the meals for the squad? Cleans the squads kit? Keeps the pitch and training grounds in shape?

Where does the money for all that come from?

I'll leave you to ponder that.

DixieDean

well said PaulCook. This site is unfortunately filling with over opionated, stubborn kids (who seem to lack life experience and common sense), which is a shame.

That's why I'm not posting much these days.

Someone even mentioned that when they go to away games, 99% of the home fans are full-time supporters! What a load of absolute blinkered crap. Unless of course this lad actually carries out surveys outside these grounds how can he possible know this nonsense fact? I know a few ex-Wirral boys who go to games in their "new" local towns. They are football fans and I'm sure they are more than welcome at those grounds.

However, every club does have bigotted knob-heads (and unfortunately a few of them seem to have found out how to use a keyboard and have regisitered on whitereview). :roll: :roll:

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I would just like to openly agree with Paul & Dixie.

I only joined up to this site at the end of last year because I wanted to talk about Rovers & League football in general, and learn a bit more about the club as I live in Dublin and don't have the beauty of going to matches week in week out.

But clearly, and like a lot of message boards I've joined, it's becoming obvious that some people don't want to talk about the football. I've actually been appalled by some of the comments made about Liverpool and genuinely shocked. I obviously wouldn't have as good a knowledge of the city and surrounding area, but I'd always look at the bigger picture. And correct me if I'm wrong but I think having Hillsborough as a reason for hating somewhere is a little bit sick.

This has just turned into a slanging match between a few people and I reckon the thread should just be stopped.

I would like to point out to Ian, SCoop, NBDH and the other mods that apart from this thread, I really enjoy this site and the majority of the subjects talked about. You run a really really good message board and I hope it continues.

Respect is due to anyone that contributes properly =D> =D> =D> =D>

B

Banana Army

Fair point lads i agree. BUT it is there opinion. Although be it a pretty shite one, they have to be allowed to have there point of view. I actually think that BaBB and Matt dslike Liverpool a bit and don't want it on our shirts, but after being backed into a corner the only way they no how to get out of it is to shout louder and louder and make there opinion even more extreme.

Like i said the views of some people here seem to be distorted, but the message board isfor differences of opinion. However things like calling everyone in Liverpool "not nice people" when you've probably met about 3, isn't a good point to form an argument from. Anyway maybe the feelings mutual, maybe they don't like you because of you biggoted points of view.

Oh Dixie and Paul Cook, don't leave cos theres gunna be another question tomorrow 8) :D

Ally

Player
Aldo
I think it would be a real shame if some of the people who have been posting on here for a while were to leave. Although I don't post as often as I used to, it's still good to see the opinions of those that are based on a lfetime of experience of being a Rovers fan.

I'm not going to comment on people's reasons for hating Liverpool, that's their decision and we all know how fickle football is. Personally, I think it's a great idea to bring in more sponsorship money for the club and we should try to look into other ways of making some money from the 'city of culture' thing, as well as the Open at the Royal Liverpool. Football's a business these days and for a club like ours, money does make the world go round.

In fact, I wouldn't be bothered if our kit said 'Ian Rush Minicabs' on it as long as the moustachioed goal machine was flinging us a few quid.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I would hate to see members leave the site because of other people's opinions.

On this thread I'm trying to give my opinion and show my acknowledment to other opinion . My opinion was I don;t mind having liverpool 08 on our shirt. I saw the other side by mentioning how I undertnad were they are coming from but at the end of the day, have liverpool 08 on our shirts it makes no big deal to me if it brings money in our club.

I'm more concerned about rovers going up rather than a logo on our shirts.

I can't say fairer than that.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Banana Army said:
Oh Dixie and Paul Cook, don't leave cos theres gunna be another question tomorrow 8) :D

Oh can I still have a go at the question. I haven't been very successful at the last few but I think it's a great idea BA :D :D

B

Banana Army

nomur said:
Banana Army said:

Oh can I still have a go at the question. I haven't been very successful at the last few but I think it's a great idea BA :D :D

Yeh course mate. See if you get the next one.

J

Johnny King is God

Am I alone in spotting the beautiful irony of some of these morons having an objection at our connection with City of culture! Made me laugh anyway.

We dont want nun of dat culcha scouse crap coz we are thu wirral and burkenead isnt in livapool.

As I have said before I am 100% on the Paul Cook side of the fence. I hardly post on here because of the idiotic childishness. Problem is - I'm an argumentative little swine sometimes- but you just cant argue with people who dont understand facts.

Ian...can we get a little bit of zero tolerance for stupid posting. I know people should be allowed opinions, but your site is really suffering because of a few kids.

I hardly post anymore either, but equally would be very sad to see Paul Cook, Dixie, Nomur and othrs go. We're not all pricks mate - lets just keep to our own threads and disregard a pre-agreed list of muppets...that'll stop them!! Nothing works better than no response.

I say we need a new era of tough moderation.

Back on topic : Quite honestly, if it was making money for the club, I'd be quite happy to have 'We love Bolton' on our backs if it generated enough money to get us out of this godforsaken division!

DixieDean

Johnny King is God said:
Quite honestly, if it was making money for the club, I'd be quite happy to have 'We love Bolton' on our backs if it generated enough money to get us out of this godforsaken division!

oh now you're just takin the mick... :shock: :lol: :shock:

B

Banana Army

Don't know how hard it is to implement or anything, but on other forums i view, there is a warning rating. Where by you have 12 points and once those points are up you are banned. e.g you get 6 points for being racist, 3 points for posting utter crap etc. and if you really want to clean the message board up have points for using text language and for creating too many topics. Like "Great Lorraine" is just exactly the same as this thread, but Matthew just wanted it to be him who started the contoversy