• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New sponsor deal

M

Matthew The Rover

Disgrace. Don't want to be sponsered by a group of Scousers :evil:

A

AndyRoo16

this is outragous!!!
clearly takes away all local pride!!!
are the board mad!!! :evil:

M

Matthew The Rover

It's ridiculous. We should all be chanting "If you hate scousers clap your hands" and "We aren't scousers" tomorrow.

Player
Morrisey
I think it is a good move!! just trying to spread the word and as Lorraine says it will get more people in! Local pride is one thing, but Ithink that the above comments are a but extreme. The fact that "scousers" approached us shows that there is not animosity on their part (well not everyone in Liverpool).

It will be extra money and we will get publicity! Please dont take offence by this Mathew, but I think that you have taken a narrow-minded view of this. I know that you dont like to be called a Scouser just as I wouldn't like to be called a scots man or an Scots man called English but this is not branding us "Scousers"

B

Banana Army

Hahaha pathetic. Your complaining about the lack of money none stop and then when we stike a lucrative sponsorship deal you get irate (sp?). Come on lads whats wrong with it. Surely its a good thing as they are trying to include the wirral in their 08 program. I think its a Very Good thing (Except for the horrible yellow and red splodge on the back of our shirts)

Player
Morrisey
Exactly! I think that its a great to think that they want us to be apart of the privelidge (sp?) that LIVERPOOL were awarded! And they also think that Tranmere are a performance worth celebrating ( :lol: glad someone does :lol: ). This also shows that Scousers value us as part of Merseyside's culture!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

They can fuck off I dont want that on our tops and shorts again we are not scouse and it makes us look like we are scouse wen we go away. We dont need this on our shirits its a disgrace. Liverpool 08 not WIRRAL 08

M

Matthew The Rover

Well said Venner. We aren't Scouse thank god and never will be. I don't want shit on our shirts

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
the majority of clubs in Leagues 1 & 2 are lacking the cash to keep them plodding along comfortably and when it boils down to it I'd say Lorainne Rogers saw the potential to make some extra money for the club which can't be a bad thing.

They're not changing to red shirts or anything. You'd hardly notice the logos and who really cares once it benefits us. In any other strings in the forum about transfers and the board, it's mostly about money and now they've managed to secure something. Doesn't seem to be about money anymore.

Optomism lads, C'mon =D> =D>

M

Matthew The Rover

I think there is a pattern stringing together here.

Those who live near Liver***l don't like whats happened because they dislike Liver***l, those who don't live near Liver***l are happy that the deal has happened.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I thought that Liverpool 08 was gonan be a future sponsor on the shirt, then I wouldnt be happy having Liverpool 08 on the front.

Suppsoe if its helping money then fair enough, but we're not exactly using money at the moment.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I dont care if it makes us money we have Liverpool on our kit. I'd rather be poor than make money off dat shit

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Matthew The Rover said:

Those who live near Liver***l don't like whats happened because they dislike Liver***l, those who don't live near Liver***l are happy that the deal has happened.

Yeah Matt you're obviously right because that's only what it's about yeah? Am I not entitled to my opinion? Just because I don't live anywhere near Liverpool, Prenton Park, Merseyside, wherever, I obviously don't really care about Tranmere.

There's no pattern, just difference of opinion. And I'm all for anything being good for the club. Sorry if you don't agree :)

M

Matthew The Rover

No need to have a go, I'm not saying I'm right atall. All I'm saying is it appears that those who live on the Wirral appear to prefer not to be assossiated with anything to do with Liverpool.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
And I completely appreciate that mate, I think I can just see it from another point of view. Sorry if you thought I was having a go. Didn't mean it to sound that way. :oops: :lol:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
nomur, you have got be the nicest person on this lol

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
bolton_hater said:
nomur, you have got be the nicest person on this lol

Don't be fooled by my stereotypical Irishness!!! Ha only kidding :lol: :lol: :lol:

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Matthew The Rover said:

I live IN Liverpool and couldn't give a shit.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Liverpool is Liverpool and we are Wirral so I feel we are not part of the capital of culture shit thats Liverpool a complete different place and it shouldnt be on our tops