• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New sponsor deal

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
DixieDean said:
Are you all really that bigotted that you don't want to see ANY extra revenue for the club that this deal brings?

Well I'm certainly not bigotted Dixie. I think there were only 2 or 3 people with the very narrow minded attitude so I wouldn't tar everyone with the same brush mate.

Player
Morrisey
Exactly nomur! There are a very few people with a very narrow minded view of the situation! saying that those with the narrow minded attitude have contributed to what I see as a great thread! Also, no-one seemed to have a problem about this sponsor when it appeared on our shirts last season so why now?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Very good point Super_White_Army!!! I don't see what all the fuss is about!?

S

Seanyb

Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
Liverpool is Liverpool and we are Wirral so I feel we are not part of the capital of culture sh*t thats Liverpool a complete different place and it shouldnt be on our tops

What a pile of crap you are talking about!!!!! Open your eyes to the world mate, there are other place away from the wirral. I personally love Liverpool and I spend a lot of my time there. Its just bollocks if you think the wirral is it.

You don't know what you are talking about. Its just sheer arrogance as if your an old man.

S

Seanyb

bolton_hater said:
From what I mean from my littel essay before, is it;s not a bad city, I love going over to liverpool, but the name Liverpool is the name of a team whi we hate its all to do with football rivalries.

And yet more rubbish. I would say Liverpool was more of a football allie. We are not rivals gimp!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Seanyb said:
bolton_hater said:
From what I mean from my littel essay before, is it;s not a bad city, I love going over to liverpool, but the name Liverpool is the name of a team whi we hate its all to do with football rivalries.

And yet more rubbish. I would say Liverpool was more of a football allie. We are not rivals gimp!

No, we're not rivals at the moment, but funny things happen in football. It'll only take a promotion from us and relegation for Liverpool or Everton (more likeyl!) and we would be rivals in the same division.

Gray

Player
For the record, I'm not bothered either way regarding this new deal. I've always seen the Wirral as part of Merseyside and therefore undeniably linked with that famous city across the water. If it's brining money into the club then I'm all for it.

However, what I would like to say is forget 'Liverpool capital of culture for 2008', there is a MUCH bigger, international event coming to the WIRRAL this year. The Open Golf Championship at Royal Liverpool!!!

In the world of Golf, it doesn't get any bigger than this. Forget the US based majors, forget the Ryder Cup, this is THE biggest, best and oldest golf tournament there is. The Wirral should be immensely proud that this event is coming to our shores. Anyone interested in Golf and anyone who has been to an Open Championship will tell you that this is a truely international event. The eyes of the SPORTING WORLD will be on the Wirral this Summer. Golf is big business across the globe, the US, Europe, Japan, China, Australasia and increasingly the Middle East.

If I was Lorraine Rogers I would be wracking my brain to come up with ways of increasing the visibility our humble club and making us a few bob by getting us involved in The Open somehow. If she doesn't, she's missing a trick.

Oh, and in case you haven't guessed I'm really quite chuffed and excited about The Open being on the Wirral this year :D

M

Matthew The Rover

We may be being Narrow Minded but we may have our own very good reasons for not wanting "Liverpool" on the back of the shirt. No need to go and call us ridiculous names just because of a dissagreement in opinion.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Seanyb, First of all, name calling is an offense on this.

second of all, we al know your a secret liverpool fan and I'm sorry if you dont like the fact alot of trfc fans hate your real team but is just the way it is.

some people dont want the name of a team they hate on their shirt FACT not rubbish.

Player
Morrisey
If name calling is an offence on here then alot of people have broken this rule with regards to abusing Liverpool!

Matthew I have called you narrow minded because I have asked you to enlighten us on your reasons for hating Liverpool and you haven't so as far as I can see you are just hating them out of spite!

I think that Liverpool being the Capital of European Culture is a national thing anyway. It should be celebrated over the country and you should be excited about there being alot of attention in your neck of the woods!!

I am mega excited about the open in the Wirral!! Although I live in Hereford and have lived here all my life I still feel my heart is in Wirral for some reason! I love the place!! I hope it goes well!!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
How come all of a sudden I'm talking rubbish, read what I say properly for god sake before you make a comment.

I never said I don't want Liverpool 08 onthe back of our shirts, I said YES if its making money HOWEVER....I did sayI understand were people are coming from beacuse some TRFC fans hate Liverpool and dont want the name on our shirts. I'm showing how I see both sides ofthe argument.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Seanyb said:
Liverpool is Liverpool and we are Wirral so I feel we are not part of the capital of culture sh*t thats Liverpool a complete different place and it shouldnt be on our tops

What a pile of crap you are talking about!!!!! Open your eyes to the world mate, there are other place away from the wirral. I personally love Liverpool and I spend a lot of my time there. Its just bollocks if you think the wirral is it.

You don't know what you are talking about. Its just sheer arrogance as if your an old man.

Shut up what do you know? Of course Liverpool are our Rivals do you remember when they came to Prenton Park the Atmosphere was one that of a derby. I know alot of Liverpool fans come to the Tranmere home games but they are never welcome in my eyes i'd rather see 5,000 die hard Tranmere fans rather than 5,000 Tranmere fans and 3,000 Liverpool fans in the ground as well. We are a team from the Wirral and Liverpool is a different place. 'LIVERPOOL 08' not 'WIRRAL 08' Liverpool is a complete different place I hate Liverpool, Liverpool fc and Everton FC because i'm a Tranmere Rovers fan and I take pride that we are not apart of Liverpool

Player
Morrisey
read what I say properly for god sake before you make a comment.
Was that aimed at me B_H? If so then why! I didn't say you called names. If it wasn't then don't worry!
:lol:

do you remember when they came to Prenton Park the Atmosphere was one that of a derby

Thats proberly because it was! I am quite happy to welcome anyone into Prenton Park. Surely if they are making up the numbers of Home fans then that is a good thing. It is money after all. Do you not think that your views are a bit extreme BB&B? You should take pride in your upbringing, but to say you hate a place is going to far.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I know alot of Liverpool fans come to the Tranmere home games but they are never welcome in my eyes i'd rather see 5,000 die hard Tranmere fans rather than 5,000 Tranmere fans and 3,000 Liverpool fans in the ground as well
I have to disagree. I'm a "die-hard" if you like to class people that way (which I don't) and Liverpool and Everton fans are always welcome as far as I'm concerned.

I'd MUCH rather have 8,000 people in the stands than 5,000. Yes in an ideal world we'd have 16,600 Tranmere fans there, but we don't. If you think about it, the only reason that Liverpool and Everton fans would come to Prenton Park would be if they have a soft spot for us, if they want to support us as well. And while that's not quite how I work, it's fine by me.

Gray

Player
Super_white_army said:
I am mega excited about the open in the Wirral!! Although I live in Hereford and have lived here all my life I still feel my heart is in Wirral for some reason! I love the place!! I hope it goes well!!

Well I grew up playing golf on the Wirral so I'm especially excited about it. I was a member at Eastham and played all over the place, Wallasey, Leasowe, Bromborough, Heswall, Hoylake muni, never played the Royal Liverpool though :(

I will be going to the Open in July, probably on a couple of days. Can't wait. And as I said, Rogers needs to get TRFC involved somehow.

Player
Morrisey
Well the only professional Golf I have seen (not on the tele) was a verterans game at wentworth! My dad won the tickets on 5live! It was great! and the atmosphere is good even though it is usually quiet you can feel the tension. The good thing about watching golf is that you are no more that a few yards from the action. So Gray you got any tips for a winner this year?

Gray

Player
Super_white_army said:
Well the only professional Golf I have seen (not on the tele) was a verterans game at wentworth! My dad won the tickets on 5live! It was great! and the atmosphere is good even though it is usually quiet you can feel the tension. The good thing about watching golf is that you are no more that a few yards from the action. So Gray you got any tips for a winner this year?

The Open is actually very different to other smaller golf events. There is a real buzz about the place, it really feels like an EVENT. My only criticism is that it's very expensive to get in (40 quid a day I think) and that it can get very crowded.

Very early in the season to be making predictions, but the Royal Liv is a tight course with punishing rough and tricky greens so will suit the straighter hitters and good putters. David Toms, Vijay Singh, Retief Goosen or Jim Furyk would all be good shouts IMHO.

Sorry, getting very off-topic here :roll:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Super_white_army said:
Was that aimed at me B_H? If so then why! I didn't say you called names. If it wasn't then don't worry!

do you remember when they came to Prenton Park the Atmosphere was one that of a derby

Thats proberly because it was! I am quite happy to welcome anyone into Prenton Park. Surely if they are making up the numbers of Home fans then that is a good thing. It is money after all. Do you not think that your views are a bit extreme BB&B? You should take pride in your upbringing, but to say you hate a place is going to far.

I can see where you are coming from and I was extreme to say I hate the place. And I just dont like the way how people are saying that they dont mind Liverpool and Everton fans to come to our home games they are our rivals, ok its money and that lardy dar but when I go away 99% of the time the home fans support that team full time and I go to alot of away games and I just feel that Liverpool is a different place to here and when it comes to 08 its Liverpool in the highlight not Birkenhead or the Wirral will be in the highlight.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Super_white_army said:

it was aimed at seanyb lol and anyon else who is trying to critise me when I'm only trying to be fair to both ides of the argument, not you SWA mate 8)

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
For the love of God, could someone please think of the children & stop the madness!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: