• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

NEW PLAYERS

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
What was the point of offering Mooney another year's deal if he's never getting a game when OFW is injured? He made a howler which led to Wrexham's opener, but OFW was hardly Mr Reliable in the 2nd half of the season. Give the lad a couple more games and if he doesn't hack it, then's the time for reinforcements.

drwhoman

I agree Boz. Nothing will be lost if Mooney is given the first couple of games to see how he goes. On an unrelated point I see that Steve Davies has moved from Bristol City to Blackpool for 500k. Paul Ince must see something in him. Might also be insurance if he finally decides his son Tom can go and run his own career!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Mooney did well against Bournemouth last season but has not really stepped up to the plate in the pre-season games I have seen, so I can understand RM's reluctance to use him. The last thing we need is uncertainty at the back in the opening fixtures.