• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

NEW PLAYERS

frenchrover

Player
aldo
BBC reporting Ryan Lowe's contract has been cancelled with MK Franchise freeing him to return to Merseyside......hopefully to Rovers.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Fantastic signing. Pleased he is on a two year deal as well, despite his age.

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I wasn't impressed with Rachubka didn't think he was much good.

Good to see Lowe sign on a 2 year deal been a good week with the 3 new players & robbo signing.
As for Fon & Zoom the contract offers are still on the table but there has been no response from either players or agents so would think they will certainly go elswere.

Player
Manager
John King
As for Fon & Zoom the contract offers are still on the table but there has been no response from either players or agents so would think they will certainly go elswere.

There is still, apparently, a slight chance we could keep Fon Williams, but Zoum is certain to go.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Bristol City, Ipswich & Blackpool have all been linked with Fon and will clearly offer more money they we can thought whether he would be first choice at any of these clubs is unlikely.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bristol City, Ipswich & Blackpool have all been linked with Fon and will clearly offer more money they we can thought whether he would be first choice at any of these clubs is unlikely.
I very much doubt he would be first choice at a higher level. I have a feeling he's staying put.

I think these are exactly the type of player we need. Lots of experience when things go a bit pear shaped and boy can they go pear shaped. I hope the team are more resilient this time round.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hope your right Ian but I think the extra money will persuade him to move on.

Player
Nixon
OFW os a great keeper at our level.

But not a Nixon or Achto.

I would like to keep him, but have a lot of faith on Mooney. Have we forgotten the two PRESSURE televised games we had, OFW made a few howler mistakes

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This is not a slant against Mooney in any way, but we seem to be placing quite a lot of faith in him after one competitive match.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't know enough about Lowe; the Franchise would have liked to keep him, had his heart still been in it; but he has a young family in Liverpool and wanted to come back north.

On the goalie front, Ronnie doesn't seem to have that much confidence in Mooney. If we're to get a loan keeper in, it needs to be someone half decent and preferably for the full season to aid the defence developing an understanding.

I see Chesterfield have signed Gary Roberts on a 3-year deal after he was released by Swindle. Wouldn't have minded seeing him at Tranmere and given his ability am a little surprised that he's dropped down a league.

Player
Manager
John King
I see Chesterfield have signed Gary Roberts on a 3-year deal after he was released by Swindle. Wouldn't have minded seeing him at Tranmere and given his ability am a little surprised that he's dropped down a league.

My thoughts entirely. He was fantastic when Swindle beat us at PP last season and I presume they have only cancelled his contract early as part of their cost cutting measures.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I wasn't impressed with Rachubka didn't think he was much good........is this guy a new signing?

Understand we have signed a left back from Hartlepool - any good.

We obvioulsy will need a GK, but I reckon Mooney will be a serious threat for the no 1 jersey this year as he must realise he has a great opportunity.

Player
Manager
John King
OFW returned to pre-season training today.:)

Zoum nowhere to be seen however.............

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OFW returned to pre-season training today.:)

Zoum nowhere to be seen however.............
I really hoped that was going to read:

Zoum returned to pre-season training today.:)

OFW nowhere to be seen however.............

:D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Think it will take Wallace a good few games to get back into the swing of it.
He might not even be ready for the start of the season now..

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think it really matters whether he misses the first few games, it is just crucial that we don't rush him back and risk a disaster.

Interestingly, Walsall have lost their three best players in the last few days - Grigg, Brandy and Paterson - which makes the opening game of the season look a little easier than it did a fortnight ago.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I understand we don't want to risk further injury, but its a blow if he's not ready for the start of the season having missed so much of it last season.

Good news on the Walsall front. That Griggs is a decent player.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I understand we don't want to risk further injury, but its a blow if he's not ready for the start of the season having missed so much of it last season.

Good news on the Walsall front. That Griggs is a decent player.

It would be better news if we signed him or anyone:)