• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two FGR (1) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• FGR

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Rovers

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FGR (1) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
The New Lawn Stadium
Saturday, February 24, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 24, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Perhaps not, but it must be one of the higher budgets for Adkins to make that statement, so they are certainly under-achieving.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Just a good team performance and a good win. Then as the team are leaving they all eat meaty burgers in front of vince lol

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I’ve forecast a Tranmere win for every game this year and I’m not changing for this one. Surely the buzz after last week won’t have gone yet. Surely Hendry and McGee will have a point to prove. Surely the now nearly full squad will create healthy competition for places. Surely? I know this is football. I know this is Rovers. But surely?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
See how McGee and Hendry go against their last club!
Hendry seemed a bit keen to make a point in the home game got booked continued to make some robust challenges.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I’ve forecast a Tranmere win for every game this year and I’m not changing for this one. Surely the buzz after last week won’t have gone yet. Surely Hendry and McGee will have a point to prove. Surely the now nearly full squad will create healthy competition for places. Surely? I know this is football. I know this is Rovers. But surely?
Don't call me shirley! (Surely)

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just remembered that FGR re-signed Doidge from Hibs who scored against us at Wembley of course when Big Steve struggled to deal with him. Got to keep an eye on him and Matt Stevens up top

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Unchanged first XI. Luke Norris on the bench.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Luke Norris replacing Dennis rather than Jolley on the bench.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If we are to make any kind of final push this season, it's important we give Norris some game time, slow and steady and he might become a real handful in the remaining 10+ games we have left. I don't think Dennis has a future here. He just doesn't suit the style Adkins is playing.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
If we are to make any kind of final push this season, it's important we give Norris some game time, slow and steady and he might become a real handful in the remaining 10+ games we have left. I don't think Dennis has a future here. He just doesn't suit the style Adkins is playing.
Not sure about that and maybe Dawes may feel aggrieved in time as possibly Norris and Dennis is where we will end up. Norris however is currently some way from 90 mins and Dennis without him seems a bit out of it.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I can't remember how many minutes he had midweek.
maybe he can get twenty minutes at the end.
but it will always depend on how it's going!
maybe a couple of weeks from a starting place depending on his reaction to match time minutes.
can't afford to overburden him on his comeback.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
1-0

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This game v Stockport. Night and day. Need a lot more second half.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounded like a fairly even half although the match stats in Rovers favour, save for the most important one the goal. Did we switch off with h/t approaching?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Did we switch off with h/t approaching?
Yes a little. Gave the scorer a free shot on the edge of the box.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The return of Luke Norris replacing the injured Morris, unsure that was the change if Kieron hadn’t picked up a knock. Will need more crosses into the box now. McAlear for Walker, Brad seemed to coping ok so a bit surprised at that.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Adkins is making his usual 25-30 min changes to push for a goal. To be fair we are up the pitch more now but not much quality at the moment.