• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two FGR (1) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• FGR

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Rovers

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FGR (1) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
The New Lawn Stadium
Saturday, February 24, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 24, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
We need this we need to beat them it would be brilliant if we did to make up for all the beatings they have given us at times. would be cool to help them go down. Being vegan lovers so i want Rover's to win and think 3-0 with the goals spread around and the swa going mad

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
This will be my fourth away game of the season and after trips to Crewe. Stockport and Walsall I’m hoping for a different outcome at the new lawn.

Unless there are injuries I’d expect an unchanged line up with Norris on the bench. FGR under Steve Coterill had a good away win at barrow recently but last Saturday lost 2-0 at Crawley. They still have a chance of staying up as 6/7 points from Grimsby and Colchester is a catchable deficit.

As for us after the defeats to Donny and Morcambe and then beating Stockport 4-0, who knows what performance we’ll put out. Not having a midweek game will hopefully mean the starting 11 are fresh and ready to go.

Prediction: who knows!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hopefully we can win and push them closer to the drop, I'm going for an away win 2 1.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sparky with that away record sounds like you’re turning into me :)

I don’t actually mind FGR that much, despite recent history and the fans I’ve met seemed ok. Would rather see Salford go down but sadly that not happening. Think they’ll have a battle to stay up but not totally beyond them.

If Luke Norris hasn’t experienced any reaction after the midweek game, perhaps on the bench instead of Jolley, but injuries permitting expect an unchanged line-up.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Would expect Dennis to step down, although in reading Nigel's mind you never know when players have the odd absence from a minor injury nowadays.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We should be going into this one with real confidence off the back of an excellent 4-0 win. We should prove to much for FGR and if we still have our shooting boots on I think we'll win 2-0.

Last edited:

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
If we win our next 2 we are in danger of keeping our season alive; so I'm the misery who has voted "draw"!

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If we win our next 2 we are in danger of keeping our season alive; so I'm the misery who has voted "draw"!
The average points for a team to make the play-offs is 72. So if we win 11 or win 10 and draw 2 of our remaining 13 games we
should make the play-offs

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The average points for a team to make the play-offs is 72. So if we win 11 or win 10 and draw 2 of our remaining 13 games we
should make the play-offs
True, but probably more importantly we need to be 8 points better than a whole raft of teams sat between us and the final play off place. It would look a lot more possible if we weren't so far down the table and with more games played than most. It is important to finish the season strongly, though; and who knows?

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I'm going to put my tin hat on here.
PPG.
This season for some reason, like ourselves for the first half of the season our points average was below the norm even for those in a relegation battle. FGR and Sutton and in some respects Grimsby and Colchester also have an average lower than a usual league season.
At the top Stockport along with a couple of others have a higher PPG than normal!

Saying that, a similar December run won't put us too far off the last place, but that depends upon results of everyone else.I
There is always one team that has a remarkable run to the end of the season.

I still can't see us doing it though!
Too inconsistent. And with our away record, and the reliability on a few players and other shortcomings with our squad.

I have felt the season has been over for a few weeks now.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
No chance we’ll make the playoffs but hopefully like last Saturday we have some enjoyable wins giving us hope for next season but also might make some players e.g LOC and Turnbull want to sign new deals

Reactions: Ian

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Agreed. Focusing on the positive it would be nice to hit a PPG promotion total at the end of the season since Nigel took over. It would install belief that whet we've done once we can do next season.

drwhoman

Agreed. Focusing on the positive it would be nice to hit a PPG promotion total at the end of the season since Nigel took over. It would install belief that whet we've done once we can do next season.
Agree. On the subject of Nigel’s eventual successor, would Neil Danns be an option? A very experienced player and working with Nigel would have to be positive. Neil must be very pleased with his son as well!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nigel confirms pre match that apart from Leake everyone is available for selection although obviously some e.g. Norris probably not match fit to start.

It’s amazing to think once we’ve picked 11 to start and 7 subs we’ll have over a dozen players who can’t even get on the bench. That squad really does need trimming down.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Interesting that Adkins said that Forest Green still have the second or third highest budget in the division.