• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

England v Iran

Match result

• England

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iran

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
England v Iran
Posted by Ian
Khalifa International Stadium
Monday, November 21, 2022 - 01:00 PM
Until: Monday, November 21, 2022 - 03:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Spain hammering Costa Rica 7 0 in stoppage team, Costa Rica have not had a single shot which is the first time since 1990 World Cup it has happened which was also Costa Rica

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
And what a hammering! How did Costa Rica qualify?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
And what a hammering! How did Costa Rica qualify?
They came 4th in their qualification group then beat New Zealand 1 0 in an inter federation play off game

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first player to score in 5 World cups an incredible achievement
Love him or loathe him, you have to admire him. He has exceptional dedication and fitness to add to an exceptional talent. Yes, he’s a prima donna, but that’s partly because of his incredible self-belief.

He’s out of contract. Do you think we could get him on a six- month deal? ;)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Wales lose 2 0 to Iran both goals in stoppage time, Iran were much improved than the first game but Wales look pretty poor and will probably go out at group stage

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Poor from England against a well-organised USA side. Only Grealish of the subs made any impact and that fairly minimal. Why Foden didn’t get any match-time was a puzzle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A poor performance and a nothing game really. I thought the substitutions did make sense tactically and I would have opted for Grealish rather than Foden from the bench. He did help to get us up the pitch and won free kicks in the opposition half, whereas Foden might have been bogged down in a game like that.

I am pretty sure we will beat a poor Welsh side and top the group.

After the Iran game I was pleased to hear Southgate say we’re not effective when we play at a slow tempo. The penny dropped at last. Then we get tonight’s performance..

On the other hand, even with an insipid draw we’re as good as through to the last 16 anyway. And nobody wins the World Cup playing well in every game!

I too reckon we’ll make it all academic by beating Wales, even if Bale finally does deliver his best in this tournament.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
wow how shit is England are they Tranmere in disguise piss poor no urgency no pressing and overpaid fairies they need to come into the real world and work for a fucking living and see what we have to deal with pisses me off rant over ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh annnoying and breath

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Too many cautious teams in this tournament, made for another boring 0-0. Then again, we aren't going to win every game 6-2. We are still in a good position and I can't see Wales causing too much trouble.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
and i only got to watch around 20mins due to doing a party glad i did by seeing what others are saying

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
An interesting game tonight.

England struggled with the athleticism of the USA but Wales looked unfit and immobile in their previous games and are perhaps the kind of opposition England enjoy playing.

We will hopefully win and top the group, both for the easier tie in the next round and because our game at Northampton would then kick off at 3pm as planned.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I really hope they step it up today. Didn't really want it coming down to the last game but we should beat a poor Wales side and give us some confidence going into the last sixteen.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think England will win 2 1 Friday was poor but also credit to USA for playing well

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Netherlands or Senegal up next in the last 16.