• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

England v Iran

Match result

• England

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iran

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
England v Iran
Posted by Ian
Khalifa International Stadium
Monday, November 21, 2022 - 01:00 PM
Until: Monday, November 21, 2022 - 03:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
France are the best team in the tournament. Argentina are workmanlike but have a genius who is 40% of the reason his team has made the final.

I think France will win, but with Messi on the pitch I suppose anything is possible.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'm rooting for Argentina because I have them in a sweepstake! It would be fitting for Messi to lift the trophy. I have never really seen that much of him playing but he has been magnificent in the last few matches. His personal game management is outstanding.

It seems that Gareth Southgate is going to stay on as England manager.
Now confirmed.

It makes sense. It‘s only 18 months until the Euros. He‘ll still feel he has a point to prove and several key and very talented players will be closer to reaching their peak then. So 2024, rather than now, seems a better time to be deciding who should take the reins for the longer term.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Argentina 2 up and playing France off the park so far

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I thought the lad who plays for Brighton was unreal tonight. His running, link up play, support, awareness, passing ability, defensive work, covered the pitch, every blade of grass!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I thought the lad who plays for Brighton was unreal tonight. His running, link up play, support, awareness, passing ability, defensive work, covered the pitch, every blade of grass!
Brighton are great at spotting talent and ultimately selling players on at a huge profit. Cucurella is an example, so is Trossard but he might leave on a free - it’s difficult even for EPL clubs sometimes.

Alexis Mac Allister was signed by Brighton when very young. They must have quite a decent scouting network!