• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Doncaster v Tranmere

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
glad to see the changes although I would have gone 1 step further and played chalmers before hawkes/morris saying that MM has been quite radical for him
Hawkes offers a goal threat which we still mainly lack and Morris links very well with Cogley and is vital to how we play

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Like on Boxing Day Donny very keen on playing out from the back

Outoftowner

Player
Chris Merrie
Manager
Micky Mellon
RLCs predicted central midfield into action a little earlier than expected. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. Disagree with bigmart as I thought Merrie had a decent game v Orient, however it’s looking clear that he won’t be around next season so perhaps no surprise he’s missing tonight.
I too thought Merrie had a decent game against Orient in fact he was the commentators man of the match. Between O’Connor & Merrie my vote goes to Merrie !.

Reactions: Boz

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Bristow hits the post. Hendry has already had more shots from midfield than merrie and OConnor have combined this season!
We’re doing ok. Comfortable at the back and the better side. Need a goal though

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Doncaster are woefull and there for the beating, will be hugely disappointing if we don't win this game but we have gone off the boil the last 15 minutes

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
0-0 half time. We’ve been the better side overall but neither side looks like scoring.

You can see why Donny have lost 4 from 6, they are bang average and very much there for the taking. Although they may not be as bad in the second half.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Strikers Agard and Lavery on their bench which could make a difference second half

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would give it 10 or 15 minutes and if not ahead put Burton on for Saunders and Calmers for Hawkes

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We have to beat these as bigmart says above. We have much more quality in midfield now and have controlled the game. Need more from the front two.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Decent first half without a real threat on goal. Morris and Hendry stand out. Not sure how match fit Walker is, but he certainly looks composed.
Donny are a poor side - and not much in terms of options on the bench apparently. Should beat them comfortably.
Hemmings and Saunders looking like a partnership in thr making.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Doncaster have been more direct than I expected from reports of the home game, but so far haven’t tested Hewelt. Rovers have had the better of the first half, Hawkes bringing a decent save out of their keeper from long range. Hendry looks good but did pick up a fairly harsh booking

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This ref forgot to put his contacts in. Great work by Saunders on the left.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Saunders does well to set up Hemmings whose shot on his weaker foot is saved. The home side then come back at us and a decent walker block keeps it 0-0

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They havent scored, surely not

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
This is a disgrace, they are so bad and now lead

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-0. Joke.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Deflection first goal, just unlucky there. Not seen the 2nd yet..

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
This is absolutely pathetic, we can forget the play offs it's not happening in a million years this is shocking

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Bugger!
Do t think Walker covered. Himself in glory for both goals. Possibly down to fitness....lack of.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not won since new years day.. rovers wont let you down! :mad: