• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Comings and goings

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If we'd had the present owners, management and squad at the start of the season, we could now be challenging for promotion!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
This is an awesome signing. Very pleased.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If we'd had the present owners, management and squad at the start of the season, we could now be challenging for promotion!
Its amazing when you look back just 6 months ago. We were at one point the worst team in the four divisions with a hopeless team and manager.

I know there's still a lot to do this season but its great to see passionate owners trying to rescue this great club. About bloody time..

drwhoman

Agree with this sentiment. Interesting to reflect that over half the team on Saturday were not at PP at the start of the season. Thanks to Mark and Nicola. Who would have thought this would all be going on now when I was watching Mark in action forty odd years ago!
An interesting snippet from the BBC website suggesting that Iain may not be the only player on Saturday who has been playing in the Indian League!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30974458

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Will be interesting how Donnelly gets on - certainly out of his depth at L2 level.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Re George Donnelly, I think both clubs have done good business and I predict he'll do well at Haig Avenue.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is surprising that Donnelly is the first of the transfer listed player to find a club, as he is probably the poorest of all of them. Still no sign of permanent moves for any of the others.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It is surprising that Donnelly is the first of the transfer listed player to find a club, as he is probably the poorest of all of them. Still no sign of permanent moves for any of the others.

Donnelly had quite a decent record in non-league football, so some sense in this.
I'm a bit surprised Baggie and Richards haven't had offers, though as Eliot had a 2 year contract, it may be harder to shift him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks goodness he's out of the frame, terrible even at this level. Onwards and upwards!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Richards has gone. Not one of our worst players but certainly not good enough moving forward. Hume is cleared to play now too so will be interesting to see what Micky has planned on Sat.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh i just realised hes joined rob edwards at cheltenham.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Baggie also left too, leaves only Rowe left of those Micky wanted to get rid of.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Baggie is apparently going to Macclesfield. I hope Rowe finds a club soon, as he was arguably the most promising of the three.

Not the worst players to turn out for us by any means, but we have better options now.

drwhoman

Richards is presumably the replacement for Terry Gornall who has returned to Accrington for a third time! I think I am right in saying that all the players considered surplus to requirements have now gone? On a positive note I see than Iain Hume now has international clearance and will play on Saturday if chosen.

drwhoman

Accrington have also signed Bruna who was released in September as not being fit enough.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Richards showed promise in pre-season, didn't see enough of him once the season started to form an opinion. Get the impression it's not just down to ability that he's moved on. Good luck to him, Abs and Rowe, save if they're playing against us.

It's also being said Brighton won't extend Fenelon's loan, even though they might be borrowing Shaun Wright-Phillips from QPR.

It would be a surprise if Hume started Saturday, as unsure about his match-fitness, but he may well be on the bench

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's also being said Brighton won't extend Fenelon's loan, even though they might be borrowing Shaun Wright-Phillips from QPR.
I think once we signed Hume, Fenelon would struggle to make the team. While I think Fenelon added a lot to the team, I'm sure Hume will add more.