• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Comings and goings

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think £750k would be a reasonable fee for Max, were it to happen. He has some talent and works extremely hard at his game

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think £750k would be a reasonable fee for Max, were it to happen. He has some talent and works extremely hard at his game
If Max is going, I hope he goes soon, so Micky has time to source a replacement and spend some of the money. I'm not a big fan of the transfer window, which is artificial and results in some strange dealings.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
JMW could be an exciting signing. Mickey can't say we are left side deficient now, although he can play down the right - will put some pressure on Fenleon as well. Really thought we would get a centre back soon - good to hear of possible news from elsewhere. Equally, maybe Mickey has seen enough of Gumbs to count him legitimately into the mix?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
JMW could be an exciting signing. Mickey can't say we are left side deficient now, although he can play down the right - will put some pressure on Fenelon as well.
Fenelon's deal ends in a couple of weeks and I don't know if it can/will be extended again.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Linked with Adam Dugdale from Crewe, who was on loan for a month last season. Main things I recall about his stay were conceding the injury-time penalty to Brentford when we lost 3-4 and as soon as he started to regain match fitness, Crewe took him back. Given the choice would prefer to keep Thompson, but would do a reasonable job for us, if any truth in the rumour.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
still nothing confirmed officially, rumours now that hes failed a medical

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Adam Dugdale signs today on a 6 month contract with an option for a 12 month extension. Seems a good move by Micky to strengthen our defence. So now on to Exeter and 3 points, hopefully.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Any news or rumours of any more comings or goings? I understand Max is sitting it out until May. Any news on Jamie Glackin, the young Irish striker we were after? Assuming Max stays, I think we're just about OK for now. You can't predict injuries, suspensions or poor form, so I expect Micky will use the loan market as required.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Now we've signed Josh Thompson on a six-month deal. I'm surprised we've been able to take him and he hasn't insisted on a longer deal. You've go to congratulate Micky on some great business this month. OK, we'll have a lot of players out of contract in June, but I would expect most would stay if we remain in League Two. We are relying on loanees less than I can remember, which cuts the risk of losing key players. We'll done, Micky!

Reactions: Ian

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Spot on BBTC, a good move by Micky as Josh has looked really accomplished since coming in to the side. As you say, come the end of the season and we know where we stand Micky has ensured a lot of options will be open to us in terms of player retention or release. Players will also know then what is available to them in terms of contract options, so everyone wins.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Really pleased dugdale has signed. Great player at this level and someone that can organise the defence. Still think we are a little short up front with a decent goalscorer but im just being picky now. Team shaping up well.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Two very good signings. Hopefully Josh can stay clear of injury between now and the end of the season and remain with us in the longer term.

Depending on the Donacien situation, I think our transfer business is now complete. Well done to the Palioses for backing Adams like no other Tranmere manager in recent memory.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agreed; I was expcting Dugdale as a replacement for Thompson, having both for the rest of the season is a positive.

I get the impression that there may be one or two more arrivals still to come.

Player
Backayogo
Iaim Hume's back. Hope he can offer a good deal to us. Good to see him back. Seems things are happening every day at the Club.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Great news....Humey's coming home. After his succesful spell in India he is to grace Prenton Park again. Well done Micky and also well done Mark and Nicola Palios for putting their faith in Micky and backing his judgement and providing the funds to make Humey's signing possible.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
some excellent signings, I would expect a few departures too possibly a couple on loan.

well weve got a decent squad together now to move up the table

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Exciting times at Prenton Park. I think Humey was angling for a return to Rovers over the summer, but Butler and Johnson would not come up with the money to bring him here.

I have slight reservations that he is another player over the age of 30, but his record in India suggests he still has a lot to offer.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This is brilliant. Just as i was bemoaning the lack of quality up front, Humey returns home. Exciting times.