• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

NEW PLAYERS

drwhoman

Has anyone heard anything from anywhere? Should we have heard something by now or am I being impatient?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
plenty of rumours but nothing concrete as yet, should start to pick up soon.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Looks as though Ipswich are interested in Fon Williams.

"Out-of-contract Tranmere keeper Owain Fon Williams looks set to be the man competing with Scott Loach for the Town number one jersey during 2013/14. The Blues are understood to have offered terms to the 26-year-old Welshman, who was previously linked with a move to Portman Road in 2009 and again in the summer of 2010."

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
pretty sure he signed for 2 years

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not too fussed about OFW. Think he's easily replaceable.

Should be some news regarding new faces towards the end of the week.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Ronnie says he is looking to sign a midfielder on loan until January. Hope this isn't indicative of more problems for Wallace.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Ronnie says he is looking to sign a midfielder on loan until January. Hope this isn't indicative of more problems for Wallace.

I don't think so; we were always going to need cover in that position for a player returning from long term injury and there has been no sugegstion that Wallace is behind in his recovery. Perhaps Palmer is available again and is the player we are after ?

I am pleasantly surprised that we have brought in Foster and Horwood today; two decent signings relatively early in the summer, and in Foster's case, a player who was in demand.

Rumour has it that a deal for Ryan Lowe is also all but tied up; a really significant signing if it happens.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm assuming Foster will play alongside Ash with Goodi as cover. But I'm not sure about Harwood. Assuming Zoum leaves, will he be first choice? I would expect not. He's experienced, but being released by Carlisle and Hartlepool doesn't make an impressive cv. However, I'd be happy to see him as back-up.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Good to see a couple of new signings today Steven Foster & Evan Horwood a couple of good defenders with plenty of experience, also good to see Robbo sign for another year.

Ive heard that Ryan Lowe had a medical today and should be announced as a new signing shortly.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Foster is a really good signing and brings with him a lot of experience from the Championship. Pleased Robinson signed on for another year. He's still an integral part of the team.

Think it will take Wallace a good few games to get back into the swing of it. Good news is that he's been out for so long, he'll be hungry to get playing again.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Foster seems like a good signing, while I share BBTC's reservations about Horwood. Robinson seemed to be showing his age in the second part of last season; his experience is invaluable, but we need to be realistic about our expectations of him.

If we are to sign Ryan Lowe, presumably some money will change hands, given he's still under contract?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ive heard that Ryan Lowe had a medical today and should be announced as a new signing shortly.
I think we're all just waiting for the announcement now. If Ronnie can work his magic and get another decent striker in, we might have some much needed firepower.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Foster seems like a good signing, while I share BBTC's reservations about Horwood. Robinson seemed to be showing his age in the second part of last season; his experience is invaluable, but we need to be realistic about our expectations of him.

If we are to sign Ryan Lowe, presumably some money will change hands, given he's still under contract?

No money will change hands they will agree to release him from his contract.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Apparently the midfielder we are trying to sign on loan is Chris Atkinson at Huddersfield. He is 21, made 7 appearances for them in the Championship last season, scoring agsinst Leeds, and seems to be highly rated by their supporters.

If Twitter is to be believed, we are also trying to sign Josh Simpson at Crawley, but the deal is unlikely to go through.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Apparently the midfielder we are trying to sign on loan is Chris Atkinson at Huddersfield. He is 21, made 7 appearances for them in the Championship last season, scoring agsinst Leeds, and seems to be highly rated by their supporters.

If Twitter is to be believed, we are also trying to sign Josh Simpson at Crawley, but the deal is unlikely to go through.

No chance of Simpson he recently signed new contract with Crawley think for 2 years.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's great to see the site back in action after the early summer lull. Glad that Mooney, Goodi and Robbo have re-signed, but what news of Zoum and Owain? Are they definitely going? It seems increasingly likely. If so, who could replace them? I notice that Paul Rachubka is now a free agent. He can be erratic, but working with Dave Timmins could help.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
but what news of Zoum and Owain?
Not sure if the old saying 'no news is good news' applies here. Maybe agent and club are trying to work on a deal. They may have their sights set elsewhere. I'll be a bit gutted if Zoom goes though.

I notice that Paul Rachubka is now a free agent. He can be erratic, but working with Dave Timmins could help.
I have no recollection of him ever playing for us. For those that remember, was he any good? :confused:

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Rachubka was signed on loan from Leeds when OFW broke his hand the season before last. Considering he had lost his confidence at Leeds, I thought he did quite well. Les extended his loan period and I don't remember him having any bad games.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ahh yes, thanks, that does ring a bell now.