• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wycombe away

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It is a strong line-up. Disappointed Gilmour doesn’t even make the bench.
Probably as strong a bench as we have managed this season - shown by the absence of Gilmour and Caprice. A reflection of the increased numbers we have fit and it does emphasise (unfortunately) that there is not much difference in quality between some of our starters and those "first teamers" who can't make the bench.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
McCullough and cook both booked in the last few minutes.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Would get Danna or Banks on for CBT at half time. He only seems interested when near their box. Can't afford passengers.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We fall behind right on half time. Sounds like a scrappy goal conceded but from a set piece

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Losing from a set piece.. again. I wonder what they practice in training ? Simply have to cut these errors out.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Started brightly, but done little in the attacking sense after the opening minutes. Wycombe had most of the possession but not that many goal scoring attempts before the one that went in.Seemed strong protests about an infringement from the Rovers players, but I couldn’t call that. The referee has given us very little.

We need to change things, maybe try building attacks from the wings as Scott Davies’ long punts upfield are having little impact.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We scored!!!!! Hallilujah!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
and we're losing again.. didnt last long.
bloody akinfenwa.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I am afraid that we are simply not good enough and will go down

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed.

Player
ian goodison
Started brightly, but done little in the attacking sense after the opening minutes. Wycombe had most of the possession but not that many goal scoring attempts before the one that went in.Seemed strong protests about an infringement from the Rovers players, but I couldn’t call that. The referee has given us very little.

We need to change things, maybe try building attacks from the wings as Scott Davies’ long punts upfield are having little impact.
agree boz about davies punting the ball upfield why nobody on the coaching staff or even davies himself can,t see it,s counterproductive god knows

Reactions: Boz

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Lost 3-1. Both dons sides pick up a point.
Shrewsbury away on Tuesday is a big game we can’t lose but it’s looking worse by the week at the moment

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A predictable outcome but an improved performance in my view. We scored and some confidence returned to us in the attacking third in the second half. Wycombe created more but the scoreline flatters them a bit.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
A predictable outcome but an improved performance in my view. We scored and some confidence returned to us in the attacking third in the second half. Wycombe created more but the scoreline flatters them a bit.
I know stats can be misleading but 9 shots of 22 on target against 1 of 3 doesn't really suggest that the scoreline is flattering.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We had 51% possession which says it all. We’re comfortable on the ball but don’t have the players to create anything. Morris has been poor for weeks and CBT apart from the odd flash, is an unproven youngster.

Player
Manager
John King
I know stats can be misleading but 9 shots of 22 on target against 1 of 3 doesn't really suggest that the scoreline is flattering.
That stat does not really reflect the game. It was a bitty game with relatively few clear chances. Wycombe had the better ones but yes, I think the scoreline flattered them as their manager has effectively just admitted, with a couple of key refereeing decisions going their way.

Player
Manager
John King
We had 51% possession which says it all. We’re comfortable on the ball but don’t have the players to create anything. Morris has been poor for weeks and CBT apart from the odd flash, is an unproven youngster.
Morris played well today. In the second half we actually looked threatening in the final third for the first time in weeks.