• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2019-20

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Personally, I'm pretty comfortable with our forward line and would be surprised if there are any further incomings. I have seen enough of Mullin to know he won't be out of his depth at L1 level, without any particular knowledge of Payne it looks like he needs a "reset" (and will have exactly the right manager to facilitate that) and Miller (despite the injury worries) has played in higher leagues. And, of course, we have CJ who is actually the most unproven of the foursome at this level! We may not have signed a 32 goal striker but, providing that our midfield operates effectively, I would be surprised if one of the strikers DIDN'T deliver 20 goals next season. I just don't know which one!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Personally, I'm pretty comfortable with our forward line and would be surprised if there are any further incomings. I have seen enough of Mullin to know he won't be out of his depth at L1 level, without any particular knowledge of Payne it looks like he needs a "reset" (and will have exactly the right manager to facilitate that) and Miller (despite the injury worries) has played in higher leagues. And, of course, we have CJ who is actually the most unproven of the foursome at this level! We may not have signed a 32 goal striker but, providing that our midfield operates effectively, I would be surprised if one of the strikers DIDN'T deliver 20 goals next season. I just don't know which one!
I love your optimism, ONIGP. I'm sure we all hope you are right. BTW, who do you think we might face in the L1 Play-off Final next May? ;)

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I love your optimism, ONIGP. I'm sure we all hope you are right. BTW, who do you think we might face in the L1 Play-off Final next May? ;)
Haha. I'm afraid I'm not that optimistic, BBTC! Like most of us I'd be delighted with a mid-table finish. If we reach the play off final next May it will be an achievement on a par with Leicester City winning the EPL. But I do genuinely believe that we have 4 strikers who are each potentially capable of 20 goals and that one of them will deliver. If we end up with 3 in double figures I won't be grumbling, mind.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Danny Mayor signs for Plymouth turning down several offers from league one clubs.

Yes it’s his old manager and they are a big club but you do wonder about the ambition of some players. I’d heard championship clubs plus SPL wanted him too and at the age of 28 you’d think he’d want to play as high as possible.

Some strong squads in league 2 next season. Mansfield who signed cookie have offered a decent contract to Nicky Maynard - that would be a pretty good front 2!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
.Some strong squads in league 2 next season. Mansfield who signed cookie have offered a decent contract to Nicky Maynard - that would be a pretty good front 2!
I think we have escaped L2 at a good time to be honest just as we escaped the VNL as Salford came up and Orient came down. There do seem to be a few clubs in L2 with a few quid to spend this season.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Danny Mayor signs for Plymouth turning down several offers from league one clubs.

Yes it’s his old manager and they are a big club but you do wonder about the ambition of some players.
I agree. I think it is a very strange move. I doubt Plymouth are offering fantastic money, so he must really love Lowe !

I am not as confident as ONIGP that any of the strikers will score twenty goals, but I think they will score enough between them to keep us up.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree. I think it is a very strange move. I doubt Plymouth are offering fantastic money, so he must really love Lowe !

I am not as confident as ONIGP that any of the strikers will score twenty goals, but I think they will score enough between them to keep us up.
Edit: they recently received £500k for Ladapo, so that is probably how they have funded the deal.

Player
aldo
well lets hope Payne . is a Pain in the arse of other teams . and hope Mullin . can bang them in still think we need more up top . but in mm we belive. cant wait for the games to start

Player
aldo
its good seeing the video of the team training 3 sessions in a day . thats realy great that they are realy pushing them . . cant belive how fit Perkins is if looking after your self means he can run faster and longer than most . fair to the man . you see some of the younger players who are tired after a few games . he must be pushing the players on witch only a good thing.. also the training centre there at does look realy fab

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Who's this guy??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190702-184018_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190702-184018_Samsung Internet.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 9
Player
Jonny Morrisey
Ezra Walian by all accounts.....Indonesian/Dutch trialist! Had trials at West Ham, Hull and Bolton by all accounts, Dutch youth player who came through the Ajax set up.

Player
aldo
good seeing potter running rings around some of them . they are working the boys hard . starting at 730 finishing at 6 ..... 9 and a half hours hard core. good one mm get the boys fit

Player
Ian Goodison
Hi all

I have been following this forum since 2007 when i left the Wirral for pastures new (Manchester) and i thought it was about time i contributed to what has been a fantastic source of information and debate over the years.

Personally this is the most excited i have been pre season for many years and although simply staying in the league has to be our target it wasn`t that long ago we were signing the likes of Kithson Bain, Godwin Antwi etc..

At least the players we are signing nowadays are on wikipedia.

Enjoy the season

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Hi all

I have been following this forum since 2007 when i left the Wirral for pastures new (Manchester) and i thought it was about time i contributed to what has been a fantastic source of information and debate over the years.

Personally this is the most excited i have been pre season for many years and although simply staying in the league has to be our target it wasn`t that long ago we were signing the likes of Kithson Bain, Godwin Antwi etc..

At least the players we are signing nowadays are on wikipedia.

Enjoy the season
Welcome aboard MW; hopefully many more contributions to follow!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I admire your restraint, MW. Twelve years on the forum without being tempted to join in. Now you've broken your duck, keep posting!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Welcome. I'm glad you've enjoyed the debates and conversations over the years. Plenty more to come :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Player
ian goodison
welcome to the forum you,ll find this site very open minded when it comes to others posts, I,m afraid the other site is getting slightly confrontational

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I was told last night we are trying to sign Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool and we have chance of it happening