• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2024-25

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Rovers linked with Cameron Harper. A left back just relegated with Big Duncs Inverness from the Scottish championship

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would hope the reason Nigel has said about talking to 1 or 2 players is because we are close to the deals

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Thanks for the reply Higgy 2. Accrington have signed a couple from NL already this season while as well as those you name, Sean McConville who’s been released and linked with us was from a non-league background and had a couple of spells at Accrington.

While Apter was a quality loan, J Norris wasn’t really a left back and Leake looked raw. Aside from Simeu, can’t recall any recent loans who’ve made a big impact.
Thanks didnt know McConville was ex non league Boz. Legend at Accy and I recall from somewhere that he likes a tackle.
Yep the lads from Southport & Boston come in as Matt Lowe (ex Brackley) departs. Wore no. 9 and was a striker who didn't score. Played well as an emergency RB. Might be a cheap good utility player for us. Good height and very quick.
Ref Leake I thought he would turn out a top LB for us....especially under Nigel.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks didnt know McConville was ex non league Boz. Legend at Accy and I recall from somewhere that he likes a tackle.
Yep the lads from Southport & Boston come in as Matt Lowe (ex Brackley) departs. Wore no. 9 and was a striker who didn't score. Played well as an emergency RB. Might be a cheap good utility player for us. Good height and very quick.
Ref Leake I thought he would turn out a top LB for us....especially under Nigel.
McConville tragically lost his partner and mother of their young kids, so looking to move back to Merseyside where more family support available. No idea if there’s any truth in the link with Rovers, came from another site.

Given Leake spent the whole of the season with us, despite being unfit for most of it, I was half expecting us to make an offer for him. Has potential, but on what he showed last season don’t think he’s ready to be first choice left-back at present.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Speaking of Accy we’re now linked with midfielder Joe Pritchard who has been offered a new deal but weighing up his options. Very good on his day but does pick up the odd injury.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Speaking of Accy we’re now linked with midfielder Joe Pritchard who has been offered a new deal but weighing up his options. Very good on his day but does pick up the odd injury.
Wow. I do rate him. Always in the game and quality on the ball. Fantastic attitude on the pitch and in training. Very positive person. Right up Nigel's street.
Albeit any injuries seem to be big ones. Having said that he always looks super fit when he's on the pitch. Personally I'd take him......I think.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Bakayoko, 28, remains under contract at Forest Green Rovers for next term. However, his future with the Gloucestershire outfit is up in the air following their relegation to the National League along with Sutton United.

In this latest update regarding his situation by Football Sierra Leone, League One pair Charlton Athletic and Stockport County are ‘set’ to make an offer for him, along with Tranmere Rovers and Salford City in League Two.

There you go more chance of a triped winning the derby tomorrow than us winning this race!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Bakayoko, 28, remains under contract at Forest Green Rovers for next term. However, his future with the Gloucestershire outfit is up in the air following their relegation to the National League along with Sutton United.

In this latest update regarding his situation by Football Sierra Leone, League One pair Charlton Athletic and Stockport County are ‘set’ to make an offer for him, along with Tranmere Rovers and Salford City in League Two.

There you go more chance of a triped winning the derby tomorrow than us winning this race!
I’m surprised. He joined FGR in January 2023 but failed to score any goals in League One that season. He was then loaned to Dundee for the whole of last season and bagged six goals. I can’t see what the attraction is.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I’m surprised. He joined FGR in January 2023 but failed to score any goals in League One that season. He was then loaned to Dundee for the whole of last season and bagged six goals. I can’t see what the attraction is.
I'm fairly sure he was one of the players who Dale Vince slated along with Ross Doohan as being very bad signings after he sacked one the managers.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Truly baffling this FGR saga. If like Stockton with us, he had a mutual agreement that he could be loaned back up or even a contractual one, it sort of makes sense. I have no idea about the actual player and certainly won't look into tabloid stats. It seems inconceivable that he was of no use to FGR in their second term of dire need and of interest to those clubs named (not including us).
It seems to me he is a player of true worth, who has been contractually marooned below his level. Either way he surely won't choose us above Stockport. I can't see us giving any fees, this one would be more than nominal?
Dundee want him. As an aside looks almost certain he is older than his nominal date of birth!

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Truly baffling this FGR saga. If like Stockton with us, he had a mutual agreement that he could be loaned back up or even a contractual one, it sort of makes sense. I have no idea about the actual player and certainly won't look into tabloid stats. It seems inconceivable that he was of no use to FGR in their second term of dire need and of interest to those clubs named (not including us).
It seems to me he is a player of true worth, who has been contractually marooned below his level. Either way he surely won't choose us above Stockport. I can't see us giving any fees, this one would be more than nominal?
Dundee want him. As an aside looks almost certain he is older than his nominal date of birth!
I hope we stay away from him even the forest fans have slated him and one thing we don't need is another non scoring forward. We need to stay away from players who also get fkn injured all the time too its crazy to keep going down that route

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I hope we stay away from him even the forest fans have slated him and one thing we don't need is another non scoring forward. We need to stay away from players who also get fkn injured all the time too its crazy to keep going down that route
To be honest we have had a low injury count for some seasons now, especially within the first teamers. A decent crop of injuries this year and we will not make a promotion bid, you only have to look at Doncaster with a plague and then after.
You also have to distinguish by someone injured by a late tackle, no one is built to sustain that, and others who have a history of linked injury issues- normally soft tissue ones. Davies looked a candidate on arrival for the latter but has proved quite resilient. Going back I have it on good authority that Burnley thought Alan Mahon never had the resilience for the profession, we then gave him three years

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
To be honest we have had a low injury count for some seasons now, especially within the first teamers. A decent crop of injuries this year and we will not make a promotion bid, you only have to look at Doncaster with a plague and then after.
You also have to distinguish by someone injured by a late tackle, no one is built to sustain that, and others who have a history of linked injury issues- normally soft tissue ones. Davies looked a candidate on arrival for the latter but has proved quite resilient. Going back I have it on good authority that Burnley thought Alan Mahon never had the resilience for the profession, we then gave him three years
Sure but the lad from forest green can go to LG1 we need to keep away from him dont score and we have a few like that already. Stop messing around and get guys that are good and nod mediocre. I can't get to the match often and if i do its on the day i have to choose. I dont wama pay £25 to watch crap i want to be entertained not fall asleep

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Sure but the lad from forest green can go to LG1 we need to keep away from him dont score and we have a few like that already. Stop messing around and get guys that are good and nod mediocre. I can't get to the match often and if i do its on the day i have to choose. I dont wama pay £25 to watch crap i want to be entertained not fall asleep
It's a fact of life, with the exception of Aldo, we have never signed a guaranteed scorer and we certainly aren't likely to now. Recently we have signed Maynard, Hemmings and Dennis; all as good as we can expect but all failed and I strongly suggest that was down to us not them.
We need to pick up a rough diamond and polish it.Not sure what happened to Maynard, there was no hint of a plan, we swamped lightweight Hemmings with long balls but eventually realised he need Matt Jamille alongside him and then signed Saunders. Dennis is an nonathletic poacher, so we tried using him as a workhorse.
Don't know about this guy maybe his agent is pumping fantasy interest, it makes little sense?
Two Scots incoming this week, I hear