• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Don’t think I could cope if Nors joined a promoted Wrexham. Really hope they fail as I can’t see him dropping to the national league (although mullin did when the wages were too good to turn down).

Come home Nors - you know you want to

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Don’t think I could cope if Nors joined a promoted Wrexham. Really hope they fail as I can’t see him dropping to the national league (although mullin did when the wages were too good to turn down).

Come home Nors - you know you want to
I am not sure I would actually want him to come back.

For the money we would have to pay, and given the strengthening that is necessary elsewhere in the squad, I am not sure it would be worth it.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I am not sure I would actually want him to come back.

For the money we would have to pay, and given the strengthening that is necessary elsewhere in the squad, I am not sure it would be worth it.
Yes in all seriousness it would be questionable. He’s had injury issues in all 3 seasons at Ipswich and as you say the impact on our budget could be significant.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He seemed one of their better players, a creative midfielder with the odd goal in him. I think he was released for financial rather than football reasons. He might be worth a punt. We are particularly light in midfield.

Player
Manager
John King
If rumours are to be believed we have been trailing him for some time, and may have effectively signed him.

He scored seventeen from midfield last season in a very poor team, so more than the odd goal.

One concern if we do sign him is that we we still be quite lightweight physically in midfield.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
He would be a good signing. He can play wide, up front or probably best as a number 10 and as RLC says 17 goals for a poor Oldham side isn’t to be sniffed at. A good age too at 24 as we need more players in their 20s with good experience. May have a few offers though.

Agree we still need more presence in the middle and personally I think we need another decent out and out striker

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He would be a good signing. He can play wide, up front or probably best as a number 10 and as RLC says 17 goals for a poor Oldham side isn’t to be sniffed at. A good age too at 24 as we need more players in their 20s with good experience. May have a few offers though.

Agree we still need more presence in the middle and personally I think we need another decent out and out striker
A midfielder who has scored more goals than our top two goal scorers combined in a relegated team must be worth a punt. He can’t be that lightweight!

Player
Manager
John King
He is physically slight and lightweight, as were O'Connor and Warrington last season, despite the former's tackling. We could do with more height and physical presence in midfield.

drwhoman

He is physically slight and lightweight, as were O'Connor and Warrington last season, despite the former's tackling. We could do with more height and physical presence in midfield.
I am sure you are right RLC but a replacement for Warrington who can score goals? We would not be adding another lightweight and there is still scope for a more physical player.

Reactions: Boz

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Will be interesting if Warrington comes back. He’s signed a new 2 year contract at Everton and speaks well of his time with us. I guess that blues may want him to go out on loan again and have some league one experience but you never know

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Will be interesting if Warrington comes back. He’s signed a new 2 year contract at Everton and speaks well of his time with us. I guess that blues may want him to go out on loan again and have some league one experience but you never know
I would think he will go to a league 1 team

ADD

Player
Norwood
Good for him - always seemed like a genuinely nice young lad when interviewed!
The article suggests he really enjoyed and benefitted from his time with us which is good to hear as will hopefully make it more likely more loanees may come our way. As Bigmart suggests I don't see him coming back however as I think L1 will be the very least of his ambitions for this coming season and personally feel that with better players around him he will flourish.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There is talk elsewhere that Clarke has signed for another year though not yet announced

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Warrington seemed like a decent lad during his stay at Rovers, think he’ll
have learned a lot. Felt he perhaps needed a rest and he seemed to be more influential during the home games. Think it’s unlikely he’ll come back for the reasons suggested, but the game time we gave him might encourage Everton to loan other youngsters to us.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
the big question is will he ever play for the blues is he good enough, knowing rovers we will have 3 or four days where 5 or 6 players will come in then nothing, considering they have been working on stuff for 6 months, really hope it is not a typical rovers summer of high hopes and let Downes lol

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I was going to say on the bright side the cricket starts next week but its England

Status
Not open for further replies.