• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Ian Goodison
A good friend of mine (Liverpool fan) was at the final yesterday sat behind Jay Spearing. Jay told him he was hoping to play another season for us if it could fit around his coaching and media commitments..

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Well would you believe it, I go away and we finally after several years announce a released/retained then list then Morris staying for 3 years !!!.
Made up we have managed to keep Morris as I know he had turned down offers from us dating back to January.
Any other interesting bits from the q & a ?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Well would you believe it, I go away and we finally after several years announce a released/retained then list then Morris staying for 3 years !!!.
Made up we have managed to keep Morris as I know he had turned down offers from us dating back to January.
Any other interesting bits from the q & a ?
I missed the first half, but Palios said he and the coaching staff agree we need to play higher up the pitch and score more goals next season, but commented that you need the right players to play that way (implying that we did not have the right players for much of this season). If we do want to play with a higher line, I think it does bring Clarke's role in the starting eleven into question.

He confirmed that the stadium move is some way off, and the supporters would be consulted before a decision is made.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Morris signing a big surprise after all the rumours of him turning down contracts. A good start to the team building, hope Macdonald stays too and we can then starts filling in some of the gaps.

Player
Manager
John King
I have watched the first half.

Palios said the season was not a failure, because we had challenged for promotion as was our initial aim. However, missing out was a disappointment, but that disappointment has to be tempered by the knowledge that only four teams can be 'successful' in a given season. He does not define 'success' simply as winning promotion.

He said the recruitment process has evolved and we want to avoid a repeat of the problems of the summer of 2019 when recruitment had been particularly disappointing (I don't think too many would argue). He said that failure to make the play offs actually makes recruitment easier, as we can recruit earlier this year. He also emphasised that it was a complete rebuild last summer, as only four players were under contract due to the impact of Covid.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Players will also need to be brought in earlier as the season starts a week earlier than normal next season.

It will be interesting out of the other 5 players who's contracts are up sign with us as personally besides Macdonald I'm not that bothered about the others

Player
Manager
John King
It will be interesting out of the other 5 players who's contracts are up sign with us as personally besides Macdonald I'm not that bothered about the others
Yes, I agree. I think Clarke and Foley merit a one year deal, but would not be too disappointed if they left.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK, two very important points to come out of that Q&A. General consensus that we need to play a higher line away from home. Thats good news.
and more importantly, the hotdogs suck! Let's get some decent food in!

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
Let me cook for you I had a guest at the club saying my welsh rarebit was heaven on a plate last week and my homemade pies are flying out, just today I've made steak & ale pies with smoked bacon and horseradish very tasty, and my new Piri Piri burgers have gone down a storm ,

ADD

Player
Norwood
Very surprised he signed up again but definitely a good early boost to the squad...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's a tough one with Clarke. I absolutely agree that a Clarke / Davies partnership is a little static but Clarke has bags of experience and was awarded for his performances. He's easily got another season in him but I think we need more pace in there.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
we defo need more pace, the one thing to come from last night's Q & A was the needing to be more forward up the pitch and having the players do it to help score more, also the knobs who had a little go at MP last night some people are so Thick,

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’d have no issue giving Clarke another season but it would be a mistake to build the defence around him given the lack of pace mentioned. This could also see an end to the eleven back for corners policy.

On AMs point, there were some braindead barbs directed at Mark & Nicola in the comments posted during the forum. I gave up reading they were peeing me off that much.

Player
Manager
John King
Stockport supporters seem to think they are signing James Norwood......

It is bad enough one local moneybags club arriving at this level, I just hope to God Wrexham don't join them.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
Rangers' season begins and ends with defeat against a majestic team in white (in slightly different circumstances....).

• Love
Reactions: Boz

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Stockport supporters seem to think they are signing James Norwood......

It is bad enough one local moneybags club arriving at this level, I just hope to God Wrexham don't join them.
If he comes up north that wouldn't be a surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.