• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He might be a useful squad player and one we could develop, but he never seems to stay with one club for more than a year. He's only 22, yet has played for seven clubs already. Is that a sign of ambition? Is it poor judgement? Is it bad luck? Or is he not as good as he thinks he is?
24 had a few loans.

Both Halifax central defenders from season just finished are quite highly rated

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Wonder if we’ll look at ex loanee Danny Johnson transfer listed by Mansfield. Scored 17 league goals for Orient the season before last but hasn’t worked out at the stags. 29 and has an eye for goal

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Reece Mcalear. Don't think that one was predicted. 20 year old with potential.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sounds promising.

Tranmere Rovers are delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Reece McAlear on a two-year contract.

The 20 year-old started his career at SPL side Motherwell before attracting interest and eventually signing for Norwich City for an undisclosed fee in 2019 as well as being called up for Scotland U18s.

In 2021, Reece joined Inverness Caledonian Thistle on a season long loan deal where he helped them to a third place finish in the Scottish Championship including an eye catching performance in the play-offs, scoring two impressive goals.

He also collected the Fans’ Young Player of the Season as well as Goal of the Season whilst at the Caldeonian Stadium.

After seeing off interest from a number of SPL and EFL clubs, Rovers have secured the services of McAlear until at least the summer of 2024.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Had decent season onload in Scottish championship, not sure of that standard but another with potential

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
we are defo bringing the AVG age of the team down from having the oldest team at the start of last season to one of the youngest we have had in years at the moment

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
with Reece, Morris, and Lewis we now need a winger and 20 forwards oh 2 forwards LOL

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I watched the first two play off games involving Inverness and the standard was about the same as the National League.

He looks a decent prospect and potentially a replacement for Warrington. We just have to be careful we are not too inexperienced in key areas of the pitch.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This seems to be new policy - sign young, rough diamonds on long contracts in the hope we can polish them, potentially selling them on at a profit. We have Reece on what sounds like a two-year-deal with an option to extend. He must have had other options, so well done all concerned for selling the club and its vision.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
McAlear is an interesting signing and another one kept under the radar. You’d think someone who’s good at set-pieces will be an asset, as it’s an area where Rovers have been lacking of late. So far recruitment has been encouraging on the whole, but still a lot of pieces of the jigsaw to go.

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
I play amateur football in Scotland with the brother of Jon McCracken who is a young Scottish goalkeeper at Norwich (and the half brother of F1 driver Paul Di Resta). I asked him to ask his brother what he was like as a player and he gave him rave reviews so sounds like a really promising signing. He also mentioned that his brother might be signing for one of our divisional rivals too...

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The big difference between last summer's recruitment and this year's is that so far I can see the sense behind every signing. They are all either experienced likely first-teamers or promising youngsters with potential (or both!). Every new contract is for at least two years, apart from the veterans like Joe Murphy. Last year, we seemed to panic and waste money on Mani and Joe Maguire, who were clearly not up to League Two standard. Also, we seem to be doing much more business earlier, ensuring that most players will have a full pre-season.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
just saw his freekick in the playoff game just a few of them please and we will be happy

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sounds good. I like that we are investing in some youth but as RLC says, hopefully not at the expense of experienced players. Having said that, I think the more experienced players will probably get signed later on in the window so I fully expect some experienced pros to be filling any vacant slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.