• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I agree Boz. If he’s only ever played u23 football then he needs to go out and play mens football for a bit. Maybe they are thinking after January if we have everyone fit he can have a few months somewhere

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Reading a piece on the BBC website earlier, couldn't help but notice that a previous target - Mark McNulty - remains a free agent after two indifferent years at Dundee Utd - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62468822

On same theme, is Calum McDonald still without a club ?
Re Calum yes I think so. Obviously as a free agent he can sign for someone anytime but god knows what his match fitness is like. A shame as he was an important part of a strong defence last season but has took a wrong turn and or been badly advised

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
2 good loan signings, but I still think we lack enough width. How many defenders do we have on the books now ( I know a few are injured).

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
2 good loan signings, but I still think we lack enough width. How many defenders do we have on the books now ( I know a few are injured).
I agree with your sentiments on lack of wide players. We currently have 6 central defenders plus Robinson who’s been deployed in that role, along with the two wing-backs. Seem to have gone from one extreme to the other after only having 3 central defenders last season

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
I agree with your sentiments on lack of wide players. We currently have 6 central defenders plus Robinson who’s been deployed in that role, along with the two wing-backs. Seem to have gone from one extreme to the other after only having 3 central defenders last season
I just hope we dont get many forwards injured as we could end up playing a 6-3-0!

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
hi all just home after a night doing Chinese and Korean food and A little Thai thrown in for good measure god I should open a Chinese place our food is better than most of their restaurants, glad Glaz is back as for the lad from saints again happy,now let us get the lads working and hope Paul stays fit

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
hi all just home after a night doing Chinese and Korean food and A little Thai thrown in for good measure god I should open a Chinese place our food is better than most of their restaurants, glad Glaz is back as for the lad from saints again happy,now let us get the lads working and hope Paul stays fit
@ALDO MUSSY your posts always make me feel hungry at the worst times! i need to stop reading your posts after 12!

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
yea LOL the Korean dish was Korean fried ckicken like KFC but with a chillie sweet and sour glaze was very easy to make and wow tasty , the chinease dishes we did sweet chilly ginger and spring onion chicken or king prawn noodles and fillet of beef in black bean sauce and egg fried rice , the Thai was Thai green curry all home made and we had over 100 and loads saying better than a takaway, hows that wetting your appetite

Reactions: Ian

ADD

Player
Norwood
Two very good signings yesterday (well assuming Glatzel stays fit!) but nothing in midfield/ out wide which ideally we needed more than another defender even though he sounds like a quality acquisition. Have to assume Hockenhull will be out on loan very soon as now further down the pecking order. Will be interesting to see if Simeu starts tomorrow.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Simeu sounds like a quality loan. It is just unfortunate that we have had to use budget in this way due to the injury situation. I'm sure an additional centre back would otherwise have been the last thing on the Club's mind.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It has been suggested that Glatzel will be in the squad for Friday, which is a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.