• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwhoman

When Glatzel was combining with that not very bright young man Bobby Duncan, who thought he could tell Liverpool what was acceptable to him, he was prolific albeit in academy football. I would far rather take a risk with him than with an alternative who runs around but simply does not score goals. As for Wickham, he is an injury prone player I would not sign. A guy who could have really shone but for injuries and he must be late 20s now if not older. Too similar to some others who we have signed on past reputation. By all means we should sign Mumbongo if he has potential and is cheap. That said, do we know what his injury record is like?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Mumbongo has had one decent game in preseason so it’s difficult to know what his potential is, although id imagine he’d be fairly cheap.

Player
ian goodison
reminds me when alibi scored what was it ? 5 against lairds imagine our expectations back then

• Haha
Reactions: Ian

drwhoman

We talk about moneybags Stockport. I understand that Puma have lost a consignment of replica Stockport shirts so the fans will have to wait for them! Mind you, a lot of teams are struggling to get their replica kit due to global supply chain disruption etc.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We talk about moneybags Stockport. I understand that Puma have lost a consignment of replica Stockport shirts so the fans will have to wait for them! Mind you, a lot of teams are struggling to get their replica kit due to global supply chain disruption etc.
Article on TV this morning only 44 clubs have kits currently available to buy, think that's both home and away kits

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Looks like the trialist striker who was at Burnley is going to sign

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I knew he’d had a bad injury in the past but didn’t realise it was his ACL (a bit like glatzel), in 2018

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
if he scores 10 or 15 and Nevitt does the same And Hemmings gets 20 plus then I will be happy we can only wait and see

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Article on TV this morning only 44 clubs have kits currently available to buy, think that's both home and away kits
Grateful that on this front, we seem to be well-catered for.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It's also on sky sports news website having a medical tomorrow
Yep:

Ex-Burnley forward Mumbongo to have Tranmere medical​

Former Burnley forward Joel Mumbongo will have a medical with Tranmere Roverstomorrow ahead of joining the League Two side on a permanent deal.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
it is all in keeping with the young remit we should open a common room with pool tables and end-of-season discos for the kiddies with candy floss and lollies for doing well and send em to Macys for Friday treats LOL , better than the old people home we had last year

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Interesting article about glatzel

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
if we do get him he can only get fitter and better if we get him on a perm contract then so be it he is a good lad and can only get better

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There is no doubting Glatzels ability but his injury record is awful, he's not yet back in full training nearly 5 months after his last injury. To me it's not worth the risk as he will miss far too many games

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
And with that injury record I would think most clubs would be very reluctant to sign him permanently. He needs to stay fit for a decent length of time to attract interest again.

Last edited:

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
If we sign him, it's definitely got to be a loan for at least an initial 6 months to see if he can remain fit. At least that way I would hope that we can obtain some financial protection from LFC if he his unavailable through injury. If he can genuinely prove that he is past his injury (a big if!) then he would be a great permanent signing. Unfortunately for us, if he can prove his fitness there will certainly be other interest in signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.