• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Amazing signing. In the League Two team of the year last season, and basically a younger version of Clarke.

I suppose the additional cover is needed if we play three at the back, and Robinson has been brought in predominantly as a wing back. Or possibly he became available unexpectedly and we thought we could not turn him down.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Jordan turnbull joins on a two year deal. I’m not surprised we’ve made a signing but didn’t expect another centre back? Although he comes with a good reputation and for in the league two team of the year last season, do we really need to be giving out a two year deal to yet another non striker?

So possible centre backs are: Byrne, Davies, Jameson, Hockenhull, Robinson plus Bristow played their pre season and we know merrie can do a job on the left of a middle three.

As I say he sounds a good signing. 27 and turned down a new deal at Salford. I’m just once again questioning the squad balance leaving us threadbare up top

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Amazing signing. In the League Two team of the year last season, and basically a younger version of Clarke.

I suppose the additional cover is needed if we play three at the back, and Robinson has been brought in predominantly as a wing back.
Yes as you say RLC perhaps Micky sees Robinson more to give competiton for Bristow.

It may also mean Davies could be out for longer possibly. Just hope we have some pennies left for another striker

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think he might be left footed so good for balance. Has promotion experience with Northampton in Ryan Watsons old team.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Great signing - that is a real turn up TBH - redraws our back line starters at the 11th hour! Wonder how much pre-season he has had? Guess we might find out Saturday if not before!

Player
Manager
John King
Turnbull can play left back as well, so if we switch to a back four he gives us cover on that side.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Turnbull is a decent signing at this level and unlike Nsiala, who we were linked with, he doesn’t switch clubs so often. I got the impression from Micky’s comments about Davies that Tom was likely to be missing for at least a few more weeks, so expecting Jordan to go straight into the starting xi.

One thing which does concern me a bit, is we bought Hockenhull as a development player, but with the number of central defenders now in the squad, he’ll get little opportunity for first team action.

Player
Manager
John King
Turnbull is a decent signing at this level and unlike Nsiala, who we were linked with, he doesn’t switch clubs so often. I got the impression from Micky’s comments about Davies that Tom was likely to be missing for at least a few more weeks, so expecting Jordan to go straight into the starting xi.

One thing which does concern me a bit, is we bought Hockenhull as a development player, but with the number of central defenders now in the squad, he’ll get little opportunity for first team action.
I think Hockenhull will play regularly, certainly ahead of Robinson and probably also Jameson.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I don,t really know much of the guy to comment but again we do need another forward and no more defenders

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
An ITK poster on the other site reckons we're in for a loan striker (not Glatzel)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good signing, real good news just before the season gets under way. Now if we can just get ourselves a striker too (easier said than done of course!)

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I am loving the fact we are going to be playing with younger players something we have not done for a long time it is refreshing and defo exciting

ADD

Player
Norwood
Interesting angle on Turnbull's sudden arrival from ITK on the other site - strong interest in Davies apparently and his contract apparently has a clause in it allowing him to leave presumably if a certain fee is met.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
if he goes then so be it as good as he is he gets injured all the time if he moves on then so be it this is going to be the norm with the new policy the club wants we are gonna get guys in who will be sold on for a good price like other clubs have done and with a new stadium to pay for and other stuff they are gonna need to sell a fair few

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Karl hayde joins Warrington Rylands undisclosed fee

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
not surprised he was never gonna play for Rovers at least we got some money cant to assume it's too much

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Interesting angle on Turnbull's sudden arrival from ITK on the other site - strong interest in Davies apparently and his contract apparently has a clause in it allowing him to leave presumably if a certain fee is met.
Maybe it's not necessarily the injury keeping him out then.

Status
Not open for further replies.