• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would imagine the club is keen to register Mumbongo before Saturday, so we can have a striker on the bench.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would imagine the club is keen to register Mumbongo before Saturday, so we can have a striker on the bench.
Seems odd not yet announced, it was on sky sports news website on Monday that he was due to have a medical on Tuesday so would've thought be announced

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Pleased we have another striker in. Hopefully he can stay fit. It could be a good foil for Hemmings as his size etc may mean defenders pay him attention giving Kane more space

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think that will likely be the last of the permanent signings now unless anyone leaves.
Another striker and cover for right wing back on loan would be likely further signings

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think that will likely be the last of the permanent signings now unless anyone leaves.
Another striker and cover for right wing back on loan would be likely further signings
Yes, I would agree with that. Probably Glatzel or A.N. Other on loan.

Hopefully we will keep hold of Cogley, as he will be important to the balance of the side with the two wing backs. Any replacement won't be of the same calibre and the system won't be as effective without him.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I hope he's fit enough to start.

I think Nevitt will start on Saturday.
I certainly hope Nevitt starts on Saturday, as we've played all pre-season with him up front and despite Hemmings having a better pre-season, there didn't seem to be much to chose between those two at the Huddersfield game. Mumbongo needs to get fully match-fit and would expect him to mainly be used as an impact sub initially.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He's had an interesting history, showing a lot of promise but dogged by injury, poor decision making and sheer bad luck. His cv does show him as a very determined and ambitious person. I hope Tranmere is the place where he can fulfill his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.