• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
O'Connor may miss the Harrogate game is called up to Irish under 21 squad.
Let's hope that Ridehalgh/McDonald are given some time in that position during the Burnley game, given we haven't got another right-back

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It seems to have gone very quiet on the squad-building front, the triallists seemingly binned and nothing much in the way of rumours. Wonder if that's it, save for one or two loans.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It seems to have gone very quiet on the squad-building front, the triallists seemingly binned and nothing much in the way of rumours. Wonder if that's it, save for one or two loans.
Well, we did sign one triallist - Joe Murphy. That’s about par for the course.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Well, we did sign one triallist - Joe Murphy. That’s about par for the course.
True. However, this hasn't been a normal year, in other circumstances we might have kept more of those who've moved on at the end of the season. A couple of the triallists had been with us for a few weeks.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wonder if that's it, save for one or two loans.
Quite possibly Boz. The loan option is always a good one when we find ourselves a bit short but with Vaughan and Spearing coming in, I can't imagine there would be much left in the kitty.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Loans tend to arrive relatively late, some even after the season has started. Unusually, there will also be a lot of out-of-contract players without clubs, who may be snapped up when their wage demands drop. I expect we may get a couple more players in. Bear in mind that we can sign out-of-contract players after the transfer window ends.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we have now got twenty senior players signed up, including Walker Rice, so further recruitment is limited by numbers as much as anything.

Ideally, we would need another right back as cover, a defensive midfielder (all the others are attack minded apart from Spearing) and probably another striker.

However, those additions are not all possible, so we will probably be mixing and matching a bit this season when injuries and suspensions bite.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I think that Danns has the experience and know how to cover full back and most midfield roles. If not already snapped up I'd be offering him a year at this stage. Despite his age he is committed, fit, experienced and knows the club.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
I agree, I liked what I saw of Danns last season, and he looks to be still in great shape fitness wise. Certainly capable of another year!

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Totally agree about Danns who, despite his age (37 I think), showed so much commitment last season. Trouble is there some indications in the Press that Barrow are interested in him.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
I guess he might be after the chance to play every or most games, which Barrow may be able to offer and perhaps he would be more of a rotation player for us.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, he's no spring chicken but seems to have a decent engine and would certainly be good to have as a squad member. Although if we could not offer him regular football he might be tempted to go to a club that can.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the only issue with Danns is that he is an attacking midfielder and quite similar in style to players we already have.

We have only one defensive midfielder (Spearing) and if we were going to bring in more bodies in that area, I think we would need a McCullough type player who can deputise for Jay and sit in front of the back four.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Like McCullough!

Player
aldo
ohh just in case you are interested we have extended the half-price dine in on Mondays and Wednesdays through sept it been so successful