• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

TRFC Finland

Player
Liam Ridehalgh
What will the new formation be? 4-4-2? 3-5-2? Looking forward to seeing the Preston game live on Youtube :) Our team looking really good, I'm very happy with our squad and looking forward to seeing the new signings play #FINLANDSWA

Player
ian goodison
remember McNulty some time ago playing for luton and thinking he's a footballer!!!!! after the game thinking don't judge a player by his size strolled through the game

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
McNulty joins Witton Albion. No idea what league they are in but glad he’s still playing
They are in the Northern Premier League, which feeds into the National League North, so tier seven. It's one below where he was playing last season and three below when he was playing for us at Wembley just 15 months ago. I'm surprised he's dropped so far so quickly.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
His size probably goes against him as he gets on in years (36 now!). They've got a solid defender though!

drwhoman

His size probably goes against him as he gets on in years (36 now!). They've got a solid defender though!
It may be that he is just playing for fun now. The Manager used to manage Marine and Vauxhall Motors so I am sure Steve already knew him personally.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, you are right @drwhoman
Just been reading on their site how it suits him as he has long term relationships with some of the staff, gets to play football and concentrate on coaching. Good luck to him!

drwhoman

A little off the current topic but I was reading that Anthony Barry, whose name came up as a possible new Manager, is reportedly likely to join the coaching team at Chelsea. Frank Lampard has apparently taken a shine to him as several Chelsea players, who were on loan at Wigan, have spoken highly of him. Interesting.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good news re Murphy. However, the twitter site says Scott Davies injured.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Yes the exclamation mark was because he has signed! No mention of being GK coach however and I guess will not be as only a 1 year contract?
If that is the case and only in as a keeper then that to me shows real intent by Jacko and indeed talks about having competition for every position.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
No surprise Joe is back. It's been expected for weeks and Rovers is that sort of club where ex-players seem to want to return. However, he last played for us in 2002, so is returning as a player after a gap of 18 years. That surely must be some sort of record.

Joe, who celebrated his 39th birthday yesterday, still lives in West Kirby. He is a qualified coach, so I am wondering why he is not GK coach as well, as Iain Turner was when he first came.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes the exclamation mark was because he has signed! No mention of being GK coach however and I guess will not be as only a 1 year contract?
If that is the case and only in as a keeper then that to me shows real intent by Jacko and indeed talks about having competition for every position.
the goalie coach is supposedly ex fylde and Morecambe coach think Lee jones

Last edited:
Player
Ian Goodison
No surprise Joe is back. It's been expected for weeks and Rovers is that sort of club where ex-players seem to want to return. However, he last played for us in 2002, so is returning as a player after a gap of 18 years. That surely must be some sort of record.

Joe, who celebrated his 39th birthday yesterday, still lives in West Kirby. He is a qualified coach, so I am wondering why he is not GK coach as well, as Iain Turner was when he first came.

Henrik Larsson waited 21 years to re sign for his first club Hogaborgs.. Also Dirk Kuyt signed for his first club after 20 years.. Joe is in good company!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
O'Connor may miss the Harrogate game is called up to Irish under 21 squad.