• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
In other news, Macclesfield have been relegated and Stevenage reinstated. More inconsistency from the EFL and we lose a local fixture.
Apparently the league under pressure from.clubs appealed the decision as the independent commission then imposed stricter penalty.
so all 3 league's had teams relegated through off the pitch matters.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Apparently the league under pressure from.clubs appealed the decision as the independent commission then imposed stricter penalty.
so all 3 league's had teams relegated through off the pitch matters.
.... but sadly ours was the only club that was not at fault. :(

Ironically, the other relegations were caused by the EFL rightly punishing clubs for breaking the rules regarding the management of the club. Our relegation was caused by the EFL breaking their own rules.

drwhoman

.... but sadly ours was the only club that was not at fault. :(

Ironically, the other relegations were caused by the EFL rightly punishing clubs for breaking the rules regarding the management of the club. Our relegation was caused by the EFL breaking their own rules.
Fair comment BBTC. I just hope Rovers shove their decision right down their throats this season! BTW, I see that Bury AFC are starting life in the 10th grade this season having been refused entry to the National League. They will stick out like a sore thumb at that level in terms of crowds.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
BTW, I see that Bury AFC are starting life in the 10th grade this season having been refused entry to the National League. They will stick out like a sore thumb at that level in terms of crowds.
Despite all the hassle their fans have caused us, I wish the new club well and hope they get back in the league in a few years. Perhaps by then, their fans will have learned a little humility.

Player
aldo
to get him on a free is amazing mp did say that wages would drop. I am amazed by this week we need some pre-season games now. they must have them sorted some clubs are screening them
for around £5 witch I would like to see

drwhoman

Despite all the hassle their fans have caused us, I wish the new club well and hope they get back in the league in a few years. Perhaps by then, their fans will have learned a little humility.
I agree. The club will be fan owned I think so that should keep them grounded! BTW, Hibs are top of the Scottish League after they beat Dundee Utd 1-0 with a goal by our old friend Doiidge. A decent second tier striker (maybe) in England. Does not say a lot for the current Scottish game.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Suddenly, I can't wait for the new season. The way things are going, we will end up with a better team than we had last season, which almost defies logic. That assumes we sign a decent right-back, re-sign Mark Ellis and keep Manny Monthe and Corey Blackett-Taylor. But after this month's transfer activity, I could believe anything!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Vaughan a great signing for us, bit surprised at Bradford's approach releasing him after the cut-off point for average wage calculations towards the salary cap. Their fans are not happy and would probably be in a similar frame of mind had it happened to us.

The EFL have bent over backwards to boot Macclesfield out and keep Stevenage in the EFL. The PPG calculation was made on the points after their earlier deduction had been applied, thus increasing it. Fear for their survival and for all the OTT celebrations from their players when they got the NL automatic spot, wouldn't wish that fate on them.

Player
aldo
I am really happy with the weeks work 3 real good players and its great that they are backing Jaco and its also good that all the players are saying good things abt him to sofar so good

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Suddenly, I can't wait for the new season. The way things are going, we will end up with a better team than we had last season, which almost defies logic. That assumes we sign a decent right-back, re-sign Mark Ellis and keep Manny Monthe and Corey Blackett-Taylor. But after this month's transfer activity, I could believe anything!
I think the squad is much better than the one we started last season with, and even if Ellis leaves, probably better than the one we ended the season with.

Player
ian goodison
lucky enough to get away for a few days so wasn't up to date on the signings its getting positive there must have been quite a lot going on behind the scenes

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
lucky enough to get away for a few days so wasn't up to date on the signings its getting positive there must have been quite a lot going on behind the scenes
Yes, as Mark implied in his last online chat, no news doesn't mean no progress. At this time especially transfer deals can take a lot of work behind the scenes and take time to finalise, but already the signings this close season have been better than any I can remember for a long time.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Danny Walker-Rice signs a new 1 year contract, further strengthening our mid-field. A good move for the lad and the club.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Danny Walker-Rice signs a new 1 year contract, further strengthening our mid-field. A good move for the lad and the club.

Boz will be pleased! Seriously it’s good to see a youngster coming through and hopefully he won’t be far from the first team.

Reactions: Boz

ADD

Player
Norwood
I wonder/hope the younger members of the squad will get more of a look-in with jacko ?
I think they will KTF. MM never fancied taking the risk. Suspect Jacko will be different plus with COVID I don't think he will have any choice. Have no real idea on the first year pros but I am hoping he will be seriously pushing to be involved this season.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Incidentally I see no replays in the FA Cup this season but we still have the nonsense that is the Micky Mouse cup!

Player
ian goodison
I fear sometime down the line the fa/league cups will cease to exist seems to me the premier league is now the holy grail of football

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Apparently joe Murphy has agreed to sign as back up keeper and new keeper coach is ex Morecambe coach possibly Lee jones.