• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy THE DEADLY Submarine Rovers v Sunderland

THE DEADLY Submarine Rovers v Sunderland
Posted by Ian
Wembley (Prenton Park South)
Sunday, March 14, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Sunday, March 14, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
talksport saying we will lose from 2-0 to 3-0 and the gulf between LG 1 and LG 2 is massive they Tranmere have no chance They Sunderland have too much skill and quality, mmmm i hope we upset the odds, would love it if we did they are super duper confident, we have been there and been burnt lets hope its our turn to give it back
I agree. We have no chance. Just like we had no chance against Peterborough or Oxford. Or Sunderland had against Leeds. No chance at all. Just keep telling the Sunderland players that.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
There is a gulf between Leagues One and Two, but we have a squad largely comprised of League One standard players, which the Talk Sport divs don't seem to realise.

Player
Manager
John King
Half time:

FGR and Newport both lead but all our other rivals are level, or losing (in the case of Morecambe).

Morecambe down to ten men against Newport, who are such a cynical, horrible team.

Player
aldo
let them all think what they like as long as we put a good account of ous selfs in and don't get battered

Player
Manager
John King
* Cambridge now leading having been two down at Oldham. Not a great set of scores at present.

Player
Manager
John King
Absolutely dreadful set of results, with Cheltenham, FGR, Cambridge, Newport and Bolton all winning. We will be eight points behind Cheltenham if they beat Barrow on Tuesday.

It goes without saying we have to win at Grimsby on Wednesday night.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Absolutely dreadful set of results, with Cheltenham, FGR, Cambridge, Newport and Bolton all winning. We will be eight points behind Cheltenham if they beat Barrow on Tuesday.

It goes without saying we have to win at Grimsby on Wednesday night.

Wonder if todays results will impact Keith’s selection for tomorrow. Probably not and I’m still expecting a line up similar to previous rounds unless injuries eg Khan mean some of league regulars have to start

drwhoman

Wonder if todays results will impact Keith’s selection for tomorrow. Probably not and I’m still expecting a line up similar to previous rounds unless injuries eg Khan mean some of league regulars have to start
Time will tell but I cannot believe that KH will not pick his strongest side. This a cup final.I read an interview with Spearing. He sounded really up for it.

Player
aldo
he said on the pre-show last night it will be similar to the other rounds so will be pretty much the same team that beat Oxford

Player
Manager
John King
he said on the pre-show last night it will be similar to the other rounds so will be pretty much the same team that beat Oxford
Yes, that is how I interpreted his comments. I think Spearing might have to play because of injuries, but Clarke and Feeney will be rested.