• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy THE DEADLY Submarine Rovers v Sunderland

THE DEADLY Submarine Rovers v Sunderland
Posted by Ian
Wembley (Prenton Park South)
Sunday, March 14, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Sunday, March 14, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
There is a gulf between Leagues One and Two, but we have a squad largely comprised of League One standard players, which the Talk Sport divs don't seem to realise.
Not much of a gulf between League Two Salford and League One Portsmouth. Normally, I'd agree. But cup-ties are often different.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Not much of a gulf between League Two Salford and League One Portsmouth. Normally, I'd agree. But cup-ties are often different.
I think our experience in the 2019-20 season suggests there definitely is a gulf. However, our current squad is actually much stronger than the one we assembled in the summer of 2019, which is the point I was really making.

There are a number of League One quality players in our squad and there is no reason why we can't compete with a League One team, as our cup results this season have already demonstrated.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are the underdogs so the pressure is off. I hope the lads enjoy it and who knows! We are definitely due a win against them.

Player
aldo
we should lose either way I am proud of little Tranmere listening to their fans they are saying 100% they are going to thrash us and they will be wanting revenge for a sending off from 20 years back,the beers are in the chiller can,t wait

Player
Manager
John King
Vaughan walking unaided in the Wembley footage and Kahn appears to have his boots with him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Feel sorry for those who miss out but no matter what happens, I expect we’ll use a few subs.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Risky playing all our available senior pros, fingers crossed that nobody picks up an injury. Good that Khan is fit again, but a shame about O’Connor’s injury

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good half from the rovers and with a proper centre forward on the pitch I think we’d be in front. Keep it going lads and the goal will come

Player
Manager
John King
We have been the better side. Great shape and some lovely attacking play. As Sparky says, with Vaughan on the pitch we would be ahead. Hope we keep it going.