• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy THE DEADLY Submarine Rovers v Sunderland

THE DEADLY Submarine Rovers v Sunderland
Posted by Ian
Wembley (Prenton Park South)
Sunday, March 14, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Sunday, March 14, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I think I would agree with drwhoman. I think we should play our strongest team, especially if we lose and then we'll be saying we should have played our strongest team! :unsure:

Player
Ian Goodison
Including Papa Johns this competition has had ten sponsors since 1984

Can you name the other nine?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Including Papa Johns this competition has had ten sponsors since 1984

Can you name the other nine?
Freight Rover
Leyland Daf
Auto Windscreens
LDV Vans
Johnstone's Paints
Checkatrade

I am struggling after that without Googling......

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
I would at least play Joe in goal for first half. And I'd be tempted with using as many of the players that got them to the final as possible, even if as substitutes. Seems fair to me. Without them, the 'first team' wouldn't have the opportunity to be at Wembley.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I would at least play Joe in goal for first half. And I'd be tempted with using as many of the players that got them to the final as possible, even if as substitutes. Seems fair to me. Without them, the 'first team' wouldn't have the opportunity to be at Wembley.
Even if Hill decides to start Clarke and Spearing from the bench I would expect Joe to start. When we are talking about strongest team I think we are only referring to Davies, Clarke, Spearing and Vaughan. Vaughan is out anyway and there isn't an obvious difference between our keepers. I wonder how much say Clarke and Spearing actually have over their involvement?

Player
aldo
play the strongest team we can, bet they will put a full first team out we don,t want get hammered

Player
Manager
John King
Even if Hill decides to start Clarke and Spearing from the bench I would expect Joe to start. When we are talking about strongest team I think we are only referring to Davies, Clarke, Spearing and Vaughan. Vaughan is out anyway and there isn't an obvious difference between our keepers. I wonder how much say Clarke and Spearing actually have over their involvement?
It is only a guess, but quite a big say I would imagine. If Spearing went to Hill and said he wanted to start, I think he would play.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It is only a guess, but quite a big say I would imagine. If Spearing went to Hill and said he wanted to start, I think he would play.
Yes, I agree. Without knowing the personalities of those involved a bit of savvy management will be needed by KH one way or another.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Finding it hard to get motivated for this game, though expect the lads who line up for us at Wembley will be more in a more positive vein. I would pick a side as close as possible to the one that got us here, but agree with RLC that Khan’s likely absence means that Spearing will be needed to start. I’d rest Clarke.

Player
aldo
I don't get it, it's a massive game money wise and a chance for a nice cup,I am super pumped the beers are in the chiller and a cheeky, shampers in there to just in case be positive negative is banned

Player
Manager
John King
I don't get it, it's a massive game money wise and a chance for a nice cup,I am super pumped the beers are in the chiller and a cheeky, shampers in there to just in case be positive negative is banned
Yes, I am looking forward to it. It is a big game for both clubs, irrespective of the politics of the competition.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If fans were allowed in I would be happier.

I'm just hoping we put up a decent performance and have no injuries for the crucial games to come.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
If fans were allowed in I would be happier.

I'm just hoping we put up a decent performance and have no injuries for the crucial games to come.
Despite its relative insignificance in the broader sense, it's a crying shame that we are missing the day/weekend out. The difference in atmosphere between this and the play offs with a phone box full of FGR and Boreham fans doesn't bear thinking about. It WOULD have been one of the greatest adventures - win or draw. BLOODY COVID!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Couple of vids to get you in the mood:

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
I enjoyed the Wembley show. I've just been reading about Charlie Wyke who is in a rich vein of scoring form for Sunderland. Also that Sunderland have been conceding around 0.8 goals a game, so very good defensively. That points to Tranmere winning 3-0 :D

Player
aldo
talksport saying we will lose from 2-0 to 3-0 and the gulf between LG 1 and LG 2 is massive they Tranmere have no chance They Sunderland have too much skill and quality, mmmm i hope we upset the odds, would love it if we did they are super duper confident, we have been there and been burnt lets hope its our turn to give it back