• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Swindon v Tranmere

Match result

• Swindon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is a trip to Wiltshire next for Rovers.

The County Ground is not a happy hunting ground for us, to say the very least, as we have a very poor record there and last won in 2006. However, with Swindon going through a phase of major transition following a change of ownership, perhaps this is a good time to be playing them.

It is difficult to assess our hosts. A few weeks ago they seemed to be in a real mess, and desperately short of players, but a recent flurry of transfer activity has seen a number of new arrivals, the most high profile of which was Welsh international Jonny Williams. I know very little about the rest of their squad with the exception of the talented Jack Payne. The Robins won convincingly at a poor Scunthorpe side on the opening day, but were beaten at home by Carlisle yesterday.

In terms of our own selection, Micky made it clear in his interview yesterday that he will be rotating again, and I would imagine MacManaman and Watson will both come back into the side, although Foley has been outstanding in the last two games and may keep his place. I think we will switch to a back four again, which could mean a start for Morris in midfield, with Feeney rested. However, in the striking positions there is very little room for manoeuvre with Nevitt still missing with an ankle injury, and both Mani and Glatzel will probably have to go again.

I think about 3-400 Rovers fans will be present, including a decent contingent from the Southern SWA, and I will be disappointed if we don't take something from the game.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Fair to say there are unlikely to be many goals in this game, I'm going for a draw 1 1.

Player
aldo
I am going for rovers positive 2-0 ,god it would be good to get a few more bodys into the club

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Swindon got over their off-field issues just before the season started, so squad-building has been rather last minute. As well as the pair RLC mentions, Antony Grant is a midfielder with a decent pedigree. Swindon are a relatively young squad compared to ourselves, it will be an interesting contest in that regard. Ex Rover Ben Chorley is their Director of Football.

Not really sure how Rovers will line up, given MMs remarks on squad rotation. I’d like to see Watson back in the starting xi, but with injuries and bans there doesn’t seem that much scope for rotation.

Think a draw the most likely outcome.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Despite the general view that last season would be our best opportunity to go up, I think there are no standout teams at the moment. Some of the favourites have had a poor start. The question for me is will we get a decent striker before the transfer deadline and can we keep picking up points until he arrives?

Despite what Micky has said, the team has gelled quite quickly and I am feeling generally positive. I am predicting a narrow win.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think last season did present a particular opportunity due to the impact of Covid if we had got the managerial appointment right, which unfortunately we did not. However, I agree that we have the basis of a strong squad again this season, stronger everywhere other than at centre forward I would argue, but I think a lot of the fancied teams have actually started strongly. Mansfield, Orient, FGR and Bradford have all started pretty well.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we will play well but the Swindon curse will probably strike again. Having said that, I think a draw would be a decent result given our record at the County Ground. 2-2.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I can see us playing well and coming away with a point - which I'd take.
Probably 0-0
Would like to see Watson, Nevitt and McNanaman back to increase our goal potential.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I'm really, really, really trying to think positive. Swindon have been through the repercussions of ownership and everything else that this situation causes.
A lot of new staff and players.
You would think that this is an opportunity to garner the points on offer.
However, our squad is too thin to take advantage.
As I went 0-0, last Saturday, I will go 0-0 again.
With the proviso that if someone does actually hit the back of the net. It will be extremely difficult to get back into the game.

Long trip for a Tuesday night game!

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
I see the game’s on ifollow tomorrow. Not sure what the criteria is for showing games now. Perhaps mid-week games will be available to view? Can anybody offer any clarification.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
FL Games on normal Saturday 3pm ko aren't on ifollow, but other league games are.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Cheers Boz. Just tried the link and coming up as 404 This page can’t be found. If you click on the ifollow link on top of the official club website, you can access/purchase this way via your account.

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood
I feel reasonably confident - the display on Saturday was decent and we did get crosses in so I feel MM will focus on getting players in positions where they can capitalise. The defence was solid and will only get even more so as they get used to playing together whilst Murphy remains a class keeper at this level despite his age and further forward we have enough players who can chip in with goals despite having no quality striker so I am going for a win - maybe 1-0.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Watson and McManaman for foley and Glatzel, Nevitt back on bench

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Presume Nevitt’s not fully fit, as Dieseruvwe didn’t have a good game at the weekend and if anyone needed resting…

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Positive start from Swindon. Let's not concede early.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
McManaman with a great chance there. Stole it off their defender, hit at the keeper. Good game so far, plenty of pace in it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Scramble in the Tranmere box. Lucky not to concede there.