• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Swindon v Tranmere

Match result

• Swindon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Indeed.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Relying on defensive line and particularly Joe Murphy.
We need a goal scorer.
It's so obvious!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good pressure form Rovers late on. Ball wont go in.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
0-0 full time. Not exactly a surprise. Hard to be disappointed with an away point but like Saturday it sounds like another missed opportunity albeit The hosts had some chances

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Unbeaten after three games in the league.
Tranmere nil is still resonating around my brain.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Fair result in the end as both sides had good chances. Plenty of good performances again and it is obvious where the problem lies.

Player
Manager
John King
Murphy made two good saves in the second half, but we had the best chances of the game through Watson in the first half and Mani in the second, plus other opportunities for MacManaman and Mani in the first period. Creativity is not the problem, finishing is.

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
For the second game in a row, Joe Murphy is MoM, his saves earning us a point. It seemed (and I've only seen the highlights of the Vale game) that we actually tested their keeper a couple of times tonight, it was a decent save from Mani's effort, whereas at the weekend that didn't really happen, so we're improving. There was some sloppy play at times, Knight-Percival and unusually Spearing played some loose balls around our penalty area. Encouraging cameo from Nevitt at the end.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I didn’t see tonight’s game but was at vale and the defence was deliberately playing out from the back. Pique and Buschets do it at Barcelona but for us It is a big risk and not a massive compliment to our big striker in his ability to win aerial balls.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I didn’t see tonight’s game but was at vale and the defence was deliberately playing out from the back. Pique and Buschets do it at Barcelona but for us It is a big risk and not a massive compliment to our big striker in his ability to win aerial balls.
We mixed it up a bit more tonight, some out from the back and using the wing-backs, which worked better on the right as Morris was often left isolated. There was a little spell where we hit it up a bit more and Mani's best effort was a decent header well-saved by the keeper.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Creativity is not the problem, finishing is.
Very true. We had some really good opportunities. It could have gone either way really with Murphy also having another great game as Boz mentions above. We are going to struggle when we do eventually go a goal behind so let's hope a striker is incoming soon!

Player
Jonny Morrisey
A draw was a fair result in the end with both sides missing decent chances. Watson should have put us ahead at the break but missed from 4 yards. Murphy kept us in it in the 2nd half with 3 great saves and was undoubtedly our Man of the match, while Mani was unlucky following a decent save from their keeper.

Individually, McManaman was positive when on the ball, Spearing put in another battling performance, while Clarke was solid at the back. KP was woeful I thought, gave the ball away a few times and was out of position on a number of occasions. One thing which surprised me was the ease in which Swindon passed through the lines, bypassing our midfield and putting the defence under pressure, we needed to be more compact.

The night didn't start too well with the shambolic ticket collection. The tickets didn't arrive at the ground until 7:25, massive queues and only half arrived initially meaning a fair few supporters missed the start of the game. Not sure why this was the case but I, and many others, were clearly unimpressed.

A decent away support of around 600 who considerably outsung the home crowd. I've missed away days and the noise tonight made me proud to support our club.

Player
Manager
John King
For the second game in a row, Joe Murphy is MoM, his saves earning us a point. It seemed (and I've only seen the highlights of the Vale game) that we actually tested their keeper a couple of times tonight, it was a decent save from Mani's effort, whereas at the weekend that didn't really happen, so we're improving. There was some sloppy play at times, Knight-Percival and unusually Spearing played some loose balls around our penalty area. Encouraging cameo from Nevitt at the end.
We had a few candidates for man of the match among the outfield players as well.....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We had a few candidates for man of the match among the outfield players as well.....
Who were you thinking of? The wing-backs, Clarke and Davies had steady games, Macmanaman was decent but let down by his final ball at times. The commentator said he looked a better player live than on the screen.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy