• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Sutton v Rovers

Match result

• Sutton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sutton v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Borough Sports Ground
Saturday, October 8, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 8, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
how many times have we said we are looking for 3 in a row away from home well we forget about last night but we are looking at 4 in a row in the Lg and 3 away from home? hope josh is ok and its the same team as last weekend going for rovers 3-1

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
3 in a row away Feb/March 2020 and that was in League 1! By the time the chance to make it 4 arrived we had a different team and were in a different division.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They have struggled in recent games bur have a good home record so will be a tough game, think it will be a draw 1 1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Given our recent form I’ll be disappointed if we don’t pick something up. After their stuffing at Stevenage last night, Sutton confidence might be low although as Mart says their home record is good with 4 wins a draw and a defeat. Sutton sit 14th in the table but victory will see them overtake us. They had zero shots on target at Stevenage so hopefully that continues

unless we Have injuries I’m guessing we’ll be unchanged from last Saturday. If hawkes is absent then I expect Hughes to come in on the left who did well last night, and last Saturday when he came on for josh.

prediction. A draw, but if we can get the first goal then we’ll capable of bringing home the bacon (or duck), from gander green lane.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As commented above, Sutton are in poor form having lost their last three games. However, matches against them are always awkward and very often unattractive. They will be physical and direct and we will have to be up for the battle and defend our eighteen yard box properly.

The hosts have a few familiar names like Boudewijn and Beautyman, but not many standout individuals. However, they are always strong at home and a draw would be a decent result.

Micky said in his pre-match interview that Hawkes is likely to start, so I imagine it will be the same line up as the Barrow game. I think it will be another tight affair, but hopefully we can nick it.

Player
ian goodison
I know Sutton don,t appear as attractive opponent's as Bradford/Mansfield for example but feel we will be in for a stern test, would love a win but won,t be upset at a draw

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hopeful of getting something out of this game, less so of getting all the points. Unchanged side from the Barrow win sounds good, it will be interesting to see who of those from the Pizza Cup game make the bench.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Much more confidence going into these games now we have a settled defence. I'd like to see a few more goals but we are in a 'work in progress' so shouldn't get carried away. A win would be superb, a draw also a good result and would keep the league form going. Come on Rovers!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This will be my first match this season and I'm looking forward to seeing the new players. I've predicted a win, as I don't think this is the sort of side that does many draws and on current form I don't think Sutton is a better side than us. However, as a Rovers fan of 64 years, nothing ever surprises me. ;)

drwhoman

This will be my first match this season and I'm looking forward to seeing the new players. I've predicted a win, as I don't think this is the sort of side that does many draws and on current form I don't think Sutton is a better side than us. However, as a Rovers fan of 64 years, nothing ever surprises me. ;)
Sounds like the days of Peter Farrell, Tommy Eglington and blue shirts!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Enjoy the match! Fingers crossed the boys will deliver for you!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nevitt on bench again, Lewis to start. Hope it works out this week. Strong team throughout.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Surprised but I guess Lewis scored midweek so a reward plus we’re away from home so he’ll drop into the middle at some point

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm surprised at that forward pairing too. It didn't work at Walsall, Lewis despite his goal performed indifferently v Leeds kids and it sounded like Nevitt was the better of the striking pair and certainly the one who tested the keeper more v Barrow.

Unsure about the sub selections too. Jameson seemed the better of the central defensive duo in midweek and I'd have opted for him ahead of Byrne.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
GOAL! Hemmings from the penalty spot after Lewis is brought down

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Had a good half here. Doohan could go in early for his cuppa he has had so little to do.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brilliant. Great half, full of confidence.